What's new

Ride SAT, MAR 29th - Arakawa to Takao

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Another base building ride, this time with a series of rollers for the second half of the ride. We'll start up the Arakawa as usual, but then arc down the front of the mountains ending in Takao. It's a nice scenic ride with a minimum of traffic or congestion!

INFO:
Meet Time: 8:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1200-1600m
Distance: 115-125km
Route: HERE

This will be a modest paced ride with conbini stops as needed. Hope to see you Saturday morning!

@Adi You might want to get in on this ride. If it's too fast you'll be able to get home pretty easily.
If you have questions ask them here on this thread

I'd like to join if I don't get too smashed the night before - would be good to catch up with some old faces and perhaps meet some new ones.
Any planned stops around the 40km/60km/74km marks?

Consider me in please. I'll probably continue on from Takao and join the Tamagawa then follow that to Fuchuhonmachi as it is easier for me to get home that way.

Last edited:
I am unable to do this on Saturday:cry: BUT would fancy having a pop at it on Friday if anyone else is free to share the slogs on the flats.

I am unable to do this on Saturday:cry: BUT would fancy having a pop at it on Friday if anyone else is free to share the slogs on the flats.

Can't do this Fri but am taking next Fri (4 Apr) off work and was thinking about heading up to Shiraishi if you fancy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're on.

Still open for others unable to do Saturday but are free this Friday(28)

Not sure if I can do this yet or not. Probably know on Friday but interested to join if I can. Only been up the Arakawa once so far. What's modest paced? @theDude showed me that combini once so I should be able to find it. Guess I'll need the old bike bag to get home. Haven't used that since Autumn. How exciting!

id like to join...but i think ill take time to find the start point..its 30km from my place & never been to arakawa even once..ill try to grt on!

I could be in on a bit of this….I work far to much… let's see what I can swing. If i do this I may continue on and stay somewhere out there and ride back saturday. Any interest in that kind of behavior?

Can't do this Fri but am taking next Fri (4 Apr) off work and was thinking about heading up to Shiraishi if you fancy it.

id like to join...but i think ill take time to find the start point..its 30km from my place & never been to arakawa even once..ill try to grt on!

I can help you get there if you want. I live partway between you and the meeting point and plan to ride there on Saturday morning (not sure if I'll do the whole ride though).

You live in 高津区, right? If so, you need to ride on the Atsugi Highway (Rt. 246) towards Tokyo, turn left onto Kannana Dori (Rt. 318) and I will meet you next to Shindaita Station about 3 km up the road. Basically you need to get from A to B shown on this link. I will leave B (Shindaita Station) at 6:50 sharp.

I could be in on a bit of this….I work far to much… let's see what I can swing. If i do this I may continue on and stay somewhere out there and ride back saturday. Any interest in that kind of behavior?

Never thought about doing that. Will have to see how it goes at work next week and probably decide on the Thursday.

Hi Pete,

Aron & I will be joining the Saturday ride.
I won't bail out this time, I promise.
Looking forward to seeing everybody, it's been a while.

I could be persuaded to ride back depending on the route. If there is a nice route back then maybe. If its all main roads for example route 20,16 then 463 through tokorozawa then no thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom