What's new

SAT, June 9th - Chichibu Area

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
UPDATE: We'll be doing Route #1. Please note that it has been slightly changed from when it was originally posted.

I'll be doing yet another of my rides this coming Saturday, but have yet to decide the exact course. I've got two under consideration, and am happy to do either.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Route 1: COURSE 1
Route 2: COURSE 2

Course 1 is 173km long with 2500-2600m of climbing, and Course 2 is 128km long with about 2300m of climbing. As mentioned earlier, I am totally up for either course, so let me know if you are interested and if you have a strong preference either way.

Pete,
I want to join but am headed in the opposite direction.
Kamakura / Hakone
with Odawara 10:45am meetup on Saturday June 9th.

Will you be going in that direction again soon?

-Chris

Thanks for posting Pete,
I keep missing your Chichibu rides lately, but unfortunately this Saturday I have a plan to go up Azami <again>.

Actually you want to stay away from me unless you prefer riding in the rain.:rain:

Eugen

Pete,
I want to join but am headed in the opposite direction.
Kamakura / Hakone
with Odawara 10:45am meetup on Saturday June 9th.

Will you be going in that direction again soon?

-Chris

Hey Chris, it's been a while! To answer your question, yes, I'll definitely be heading out in that area a lot more this year.

Thanks for posting Pete,
I keep missing your Chichibu rides lately, but unfortunately this Saturday I have a plan to go up Azami <again>.

Actually you want to stay away from me unless you prefer riding in the rain.:rain:

Eugen

Eugen, you and your rain don't scare me! :p

Working again this weekend.

Probably not working next weekend though, so up for riding then.

Have a good one.

So Tim Smith and I are looking like we are going to do Route #1. Please, note that based upon some field reports by Bartek, I've made some slight mods to the route. The change is after the 143km mark to give us more time on the ridgeline road. We'll therefore be ending at Jinbohara Station which is one station closer to Tokyo.

Even though there'll probably be quite some rain tomorrow, I'm in. 7.00am at the spaceship. See you there, Aron

Even though there'll probably be quite some rain tomorrow, I'm in. 7.00am at the spaceship. See you there, Aron

I'll make a final call in the morning. What time do you need to leave the house to be on time? If we need to cancel, I'll do so before 6am.

Black socks, black kit and bacon grease! Don't forget to drill your shoes either.

I'm embarrassed to say, but I leave around 6.40. I'll check here and my email before I leave.

(I might be able to go on Sunday as well, we'll see)

I'm embarrassed to say, but I leave around 6.40. I'll check here and my email before I leave.

(I might be able to go on Sunday as well, we'll see)

LOL... I'm envious! So no problem with timing then. Check here in the morning for any possible rain cancellations.

I would love to come but with the entire day looking like rain I think I will pass, Have a great ride.

I'll miss another epic ride tomorrow, too bad. I'll join the next one, maybe nihongi-toge!!

BTW, Pete, don't try to defend your TCC KOS (King of Softie) title!:p

Takaaki

I'll miss another epic ride tomorrow, too bad. I'll join the next one, maybe nihongi-toge!!

BTW, Pete, don't try to defend your TCC KOS (King of Softie) title!:p

Takaaki

I'm definitely not surprised that the real softie (Takaaki) is missing yet another ride. If anyone deserves the title... it's you! Haha! :cool:

Pete,

Once again I am forced to miss your Saturday ride. I wish you great weather and a lot of tailwind.

BTW, at 107.1km you will have a water spring to fill you bottles before the climb and crossing over to Gunma. Take advantage. It is delicious!

Hope to join you next time,

Bart

Pete,

Once again I am forced to miss your Saturday ride. I wish you great weather and a lot of tailwind.

BTW, at 107.1km you will have a water spring to fill you bottles before the climb and crossing over to Gunma. Take advantage. It is delicious!

Hope to join you next time,

Bart

Cheers Bart! Unfortunately, at the moment the weather isn't looking favorable. That being said, we'll see how it looks in the morning!

I can't make this one due to family commitments and I'm looking forward to joining another one of your rides in the next few weeks. I hope the weather holds out and you enjoy the ride.

Tom

UPDATE: I'm not going.

Update, I'm not going tomorrow. 1) The weather forecast is rather dodgy, and more importantly, 2) some non-emergency family issues have arisen and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get to bed any time soon.

If Tim, Aron, Steve or anyone else wants to take the reigns on this, please feel free. I'll most likely attempt this ride again next Saturday. My apologies to all concerned.

Next week will probably be a much better choice. It's been raining since early evening here in Chichibu and it seems like the rain will stay until Sunday. :rain:

Back
Top Bottom