What's new

SAT, June 2nd - Jyomine-yama (Chichibu)

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Last week's attempt was postponed, so let's give it another try. We'll be hitting some climbs and rindos on the west and north side of Chichibu. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2100-2400m
Distance: 165-170km
Route: HERE

As is typical with my rides, there will be lots of rindo's, greenery, climbing, and minimal traffic!

Pete,

What time do you think you will reach the bottom of the Shiraishi climb? If I time it right, I might be able to meet you there and then climb together and over to Chichibu.

Ah, busy sat and sun with work.

If anyone is up for a ride friday or monday, as well as this that would be cool.

Sorry to hijack thread. Back to it.

Pete,

What time do you think you will reach the bottom of the Shiraishi climb? If I time it right, I might be able to meet you there and then climb together and over to Chichibu.

Bart, how about meeting at this FAMILY MART at about 9am? As usual, I can call you when we are enroute to fine tune the precise meeting time.

Bart, how about meeting at this FAMILY MART at about 9am? As usual, I can call you when we are enroute to fine tune the precise meeting time.

Thanks Pete. If you can find a time to call, it would be great. Anyway, I'll try to time my arrival at the Family Mart for about 9 o'clock. If for some reason I am not there just go ahead and continue without me.

Thanks Pete. If you can find a time to call, it would be great. Anyway, I'll try to time my arrival at the Family Mart for about 9 o'clock. If for some reason I am not there just go ahead and continue without me.

Sounds good. BTW, that Family Mart is our usual stopping place. We'll be there for at least 10-15minutes, so there is some leeway in your arrival time.

Pete,

I'm challenging your Saturday ride!
Not sure I'll be able to the 峠越え (Toge-goe, or crossing the ridge) of Jomine-yama after all that riding, but am truly looking forward to it.
No rain please...and if so, with mercy please...

By the way, do you suppose we could be back in our neighborhood before 5pm?

Looks like another good ride Pete. Have to work this Saturday again, but hope to join a another green line ride soon.

Dave

Pete,

I'm challenging your Saturday ride!
Not sure I'll be able to the 峠越え (Toge-goe, or crossing the ridge) of Jomine-yama after all that riding, but am truly looking forward to it.
No rain please...and if so, with mercy please...

By the way, do you suppose we could be back in our neighborhood before 5pm?

Great Chikako! I look forward to it! And don't worry, I think you underestimate yourself. You'll do fine! As for timing, if we keep the stops short, then we could maybe make it back by then.

I should probably stay home then. I'm a rain bringer.:rain:

Eugen, I've been wondering where you've been. I hope you'll come out and play Saturday!

Looks like another good ride Pete. Have to work this Saturday again, but hope to join a another green line ride soon.

Dave

Sorry to hear that you have to work. I'm sure we'll get a ride in together before long! I hope to see you soon!

Pete,

Count me in for this one.

I have a collection in my wardrobe...

teruterubouzu.jpg

Pete, count me in for this !

Toying a little with the idea of meeting you at Chichibu, ie. going via Nariki Kaido & Yamabushi-Toge instead of heading up the Arakawa. Any idea what time you would arrive in Chichibu ? Or would it much easier all round if I just meet you on the Arakawa in my usual spot...??

Cheers~
Steve

see you at ukimifunado famima at the usual time

Jonathan

See you soon, Jonathan!

Pete, count me in for this !

Toying a little with the idea of meeting you at Chichibu, ie. going via Nariki Kaido & Yamabushi-Toge instead of heading up the Arakawa. Any idea what time you would arrive in Chichibu ? Or would it much easier all round if I just meet you on the Arakawa in my usual spot...??

Cheers~
Steve

Excellent Steve! If you could meet us on the Arakawa that would make life easier and certainly would be appreciated! ;)

Excellent Steve! If you could meet us on the Arakawa that would make life easier and certainly would be appreciated! ;)

Righto, will do ! Will save the alternate route for another day (with maybe a return over Arima Toge ...)

It seems like I won't be able to join you tomorrow :(
I need to be back in Chichibu before 10. Hopefully, there will be another chance.

Have a great ride,

Bart

Back
Top Bottom