What's new

Ride SAT, June 1st - Arima-toge & Jyomine

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
With Norman and Gunnar doing a bit of scouting for us this past weekend, the time is ripe to do Arima-toge again! Arima-toge is one of the highest passes in the area and is not to be missed. Once we crest Arima, we'll descend the Chichibu side and continue heading out, bypassing downtown Chichibu all together. We'll traverse a few lower passes and sections till we make our way over to Jyomine for another solid climb. From there we'll ride the ridge line for a while before descending down towards Lake Kanna before finally heading to Honjo Station.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2400-2800m
Distance: 165-175km
Route: HERE

Be forewarned, this is a reasonably big ride with not so many stops. That being said, it should be pretty unforgettable excursion. Hope to see you Saturday morning!

I'm in. Might be booking myself a comfy seat on the train back from Honjo though (unless some muppet forgets his rinko bag.... and bike lights..... and sense of direction ;) )

Hi Pete,

I'd like to join this ride as I have wanted to do Arima Toge for a while, but I don't think I can make the starting time. What time do you think you will be at Arima Dam at about the 60km mark? Can train it out to Ome and then ride to the dam wall.

Cheers,

Keren

Hi Pete,

I'd like to join this ride as I have wanted to do Arima Toge for a while, but I don't think I can make the starting time. What time do you think you will be at Arima Dam at about the 60km mark? Can train it out to Ome and then ride to the dam wall.

Cheers,

Keren

Keren, how about meeting us at this Family Mart at the 46km marker? It's a short hop over from Oume. We'll be making a pit-stop there sometime about 8:45-9:00am.

If this were on Sunday... Will probably take the CX bike out for a spin around arima and greenline. Pete, with your vast knowledge of the area, maybe you can recommend some gravel roads that would be too tough for a road bike?

If this were on Sunday... Will probably take the CX bike out for a spin around arima and greenline. Pete, with your vast knowledge of the area, maybe you can recommend some gravel roads that would be too tough for a road bike?

Obviously, I haven't ridden it, but this looks like it could be pretty amazing for CX:

Sweet Aron B ! Btw, would you mind if I bring a couple of bar-end plugs for your bike? It's been bothering me since the last ride ;-) (I know, I should get help :oops: )

See you sat!

Sweet Aron B ! Btw, would you mind if I bring a couple of bar-end plugs for your bike? It's been bothering me since the last ride ;-) (I know, I should get help :oops: )

See you sat!

Only if you manage to get the in his bars whilst you are both cruising at over 40kmph.

You just want to shove it in whilst holding his gaze, which would be impossible as you charge down the road

Back
Top Bottom