What's new

Ride SAT, June 1st - Arima-toge & Jyomine

I'm in to the top of Arima, then i will turn back.

Be at the spaceship at 7:00

Thanks a million Pete, I'm going to try combining that into one epic CX tour starting from Ome.

Have fun on Arima, which is indeed very nice, last weekend I rode up into the clouds there, then you have some ridge line and the amazing descent. I guess, I like that you are not in the middle of a valley in the later part, but on the side of the mountain

Keren, how about meeting us at this Family Mart at the 46km marker? It's a short hop over from Oume. We'll be making a pit-stop there sometime about 8:45-9:00am.

Thanks Pete. Unfortunately I now can't make it tomorrow as I got roped into a party tonight. Will keep an eye out for the next time. Hope it is a great day out.

Thanks a million Pete, I'm going to try combining that into one epic CX tour starting from Ome.

Have fun on Arima, which is indeed very nice, last weekend I rode up into the clouds there, then you have some ridge line and the amazing descent. I guess, I like that you are not in the middle of a valley in the later part, but on the side of the mountain

Cheers Gunnar! Hopefully we'll both have great rides!

Thanks Pete. Unfortunately I now can't make it tomorrow as I got roped into a party tonight. Will keep an eye out for the next time. Hope it is a great day out.

Hope to catch you next time then!

Sweet Aron B ! Btw, would you mind if I bring a couple of bar-end plugs for your bike? It's been bothering me since the last ride ;-) (I know, I should get help :oops: )

See you sat!
Sure, please do. I guess I'm the only one not having to look at them while riding.

I will meet you where Route 79 meets Route 40 (about 10km into your ride, and next to the Arakawa Saiko lake) at 7am.

Would that be OK, or do you think you will be there at a different time?

I will meet you where Route 79 meets Route 40 (about 10km into your ride, and next to the Arakawa Saiko lake) at 7am.

Would that be OK, or do you think you will be there at a different time?

Sorry, I just realized that the map I posted had the wrong traverse. Check the map again. We'll meet you at the Arakawa and Route #463 at about the 13km marker.

No. You HAVE to meet me at Route 79 and Route 40 junction. You can't go back on it now.

(Yeah cool, I will see you at the junction where you meet 463 as you come up the river; what time do you reckon you will be there. It looks about 13km from the start for you)

OK cool.

I will be there.

See you in the morning, at the point where you meet Route 463 as you go up the river.

Cheers

Hi Pete
I'll join you at the same point like Owen but will need to turn back after your km 80+ due to family obligations.
cheers

LOL ride today. Nice one lads. Got a few KOMs, and slammed it through the rollers like a thug. Just how I like it.

Long day.

Phew, what a day. Four punctures on the ride (three of them being mine, sorry guys). A nice crash by Musashi13 which left his saddlebag in a ditch somewhere (not noticing until around 3km down the road). My tyre has a nice rip in it now (hence all the punctures) so Ill be swapping that out for a conti 4000s later. Those last 33km standing up all the way and putting my weight over the front wheel were an absolute killer. Never again. You don't realise how good sitting on a saddle is until you can't....
We good meeting theblob and tachikawa for the first time today. Good riding with you up to Arima toge.
Thanks as always to the chichibu master, Pete.
Cheers guys.

Sorry I had to bail out guys. Was feeling really terrible, went home, and rode down and up the Arakawa in the afternoon. Hope to do Arima-toge with you in the near future.

Phew, what a day. Four punctures on the ride (three of them being mine, sorry guys). A nice crash by Musashi13 which left his saddlebag in a ditch somewhere (not noticing until around 3km down the road). My tyre has a nice rip in it now (hence all the punctures) so Ill be swapping that out for a conti 4000s later. Those last 33km standing up all the way and putting my weight over the front wheel were an absolute killer. Never again. You don't realise how good sitting on a saddle is until you can't....
We good meeting theblob and tachikawa for the first time today. Good riding with you up to Arima toge.
Thanks as always to the chichibu master, Pete.
Cheers guys.

I'm sure you know this already but it is worth getting some Australian money (5,10,20$ bill) and keeping it in your kit. It's plastic, very thin and very strong, perfect for making a sleeve to cover the tube in case of a slashed tyre.

Reactions: jdd
Back
Top Bottom