What's new

Ride SAT, July 6th - Shiraishi & Nihongi Ridge Line

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Nice route with a planned pizza stop for lunch at the bottom of Sadamine-toge. Alan and Naomi have indicated they'll be joining us. They've had a very busy race schedule, so it'll be good to get a ride in with them!

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2000-2500m
Distance: 130-150km
Route: HERE

Additionally, note that there are plenty of options to shorten the ride if the heat becomes excessive or if any other issues arise. Hope to see you Saturday morning!

Hi Pete,

I'll be joining this one, possibly with the friend who joined your Nicchitsu ride in May.
Looking forward to riding with Alan-San and Naomi-san!

Chikako

After a chat with Chikako (cheers;)) I think I'll be along for the Shiraishi climb then I'll bail to a day of work.

Hi, I am one of the W's;)

I'm soooooo looking forward to riding with you guys tomorrow.

Naomi:p

Don't worry boys, I will fill Naomi-san's backpack with bricks so you'll be able to keep up with her on the climbs :)

Nice ride, the clouds made the heat rather bearable. Great group of 10!

Liked the ride home with leicaman, although just as we turned up the Arakawa for the last stretch, I got a 2cm long at least 5mm diameter screw in my tyre. I actually had to screw-turn it to get it out. Du jamais vu.

I caught the 10:23 from Ogawamachi and got home just after 12:30 wishing I'd stayed out another hour at least. I had prepared my mind for a full frontal attack on Shiraishi but that little hill was an unwelcome surprise and I decided I'd blown my load early and should scurry home to get ready for work. I got home, cleaned myself and the bike up, and sat around for a while regretting my hasty decision. I now know how far and how much I can get done before work so I am determined to get out for a bit of it.

I caught the 10:23 from Ogawamachi and got home just after 12:30 wishing I'd stayed out another hour at least. I had prepared my mind for a full frontal attack on Shiraishi but that little hill was an unwelcome surprise and I decided I'd blown my load early and should scurry home to get ready for work. I got home, cleaned myself and the bike up, and sat around for a while regretting my hasty decision. I now know how far and how much I can get done before work so I am determined to get out for a bit of it.
Hey, you still got in more of a ride than most people did today!

Great ride today. Was good to see all the familiar faces and also very nice to meet AlanW and Naomi. The weather was way too hot for my liking but could have been a lot worse so I'll consider myself lucky. Was really good riding back with Aron B even though there was a really strong headwind going back down the Arakawa. When I got back to the Spaceship I decided I would ride down to Kawaguchi City and return back tothe spaceship then home so I could clock over 200k. Ended up with just over 205km. Big thanks to Pete for being te great leader that he is.

Wow, just walked outside for the first time today... holy hell it is stifling! Summer is definitely here! We were so lucky to get our ride in yesterday!! It is time to scale back the distance and amount of climbing until it starts to cool off again.

Thanks for leading the ride yesterday Yamabushi :) Nice to ride together again - must be a few months since last time, and my first century ride since the hillclimb race season stated. Great to meet some of the TCC North regulars as well.
The route had some really nice descents - swooping through the corners at 70 km/h was super exhilarating! Yesterdays temperature was over my limit though; at every hill my HR jumped straight to my maximum and stayed there, irrespective of how much power I was trying to put out.
Still re-hydrating and refuelling my body today; double serving of pancakes for breakfast and two pots of tea so far!

Back
Top Bottom