What's new

Ride SAT, July 20th - Green Line, Shomaru to Oume

Not ridden Iimori before - looks good!
I'd probably meet you around the 52km mark. You'd be there around 9am, I'm guessing?

But, I'll see how I feel after the double-Arima tomorrow before committing!

Not ridden Iimori before - looks good!
I'd probably meet you around the 52km mark. You'd be there around 9am, I'm guessing?

But, I'll see how I feel after the double-Arima tomorrow before committing!
There is a Mini-Stop at the 52.5km marker. We'll be stopping there, and yes somewhere between 9-9:30am I would guess.

Is that first climb the temple climb Pete?

Can't make it but hoping you guys have a great ride!

I'll be there and should be riding back from Oume. A quick question/confession: I bought a new chain but kept getting stiff links where I had pushed in the pin. I found out it was because when I pushed in the pin, the two outer plates would be forced tight onto the inner plates, stopping the link from bending as normal. Normal jiggling and flexing didn't loosen them, so I ended up applying some long-nosed pliers and a certain amount of rage and frustration to loosen the plates so the link seems to look and move normally now, but is it safe?

I'll be there and should be riding back from Oume. A quick question/confession: I bought a new chain but kept getting stiff links where I had pushed in the pin. I found out it was because when I pushed in the pin, the two outer plates would be forced tight onto the inner plates, stopping the link from bending as normal. Normal jiggling and flexing didn't loosen them, so I ended up applying some long-nosed pliers and a certain amount of rage and frustration to loosen the plates so the link seems to look and move normally now, but is it safe?
Getting the chain pin in perfectly has always been a little bit of a concern for me, so I stopped using them and went to KMC Quick Links several years ago. They are just a better all around solution, IMHO!

Getting the chain pin in perfectly has always been a little bit of a concern for me, so I stopped using them and went to KMC Quick Links several years ago. They are just a better all around solution, IMHO!

Certainly looks easier than my method. Will check them out.

KMC Quick Links are the way to go. They also make it very easy to remove and reinstall the chain for thorough cleaning.

I've decided to give tomo a miss, guys: bum-rub pain, sore legs, and need to sleep (may invest in a bum-pad if I do more of these longer rides).

Enjoy!

I might bump into you guys somewhere in the hills, as I'm going to do Deej's Ome Temple Loop on Saturday. I'll probably be passing through Oume around 8:30 and then work may way around. But it's also possible you'll be way ahead of me.

Back
Top Bottom