Ride SAT, July 20th - Green Line, Shomaru to Oume

Sibreen

Maximum Pace
Jul 23, 2010
Hanno, Saitama
Not ridden Iimori before - looks good!
I'd probably meet you around the 52km mark. You'd be there around 9am, I'm guessing?

But, I'll see how I feel after the double-Arima tomorrow before committing!

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
I'll be there and should be riding back from Oume. A quick question/confession: I bought a new chain but kept getting stiff links where I had pushed in the pin. I found out it was because when I pushed in the pin, the two outer plates would be forced tight onto the inner plates, stopping the link from bending as normal. Normal jiggling and flexing didn't loosen them, so I ended up applying some long-nosed pliers and a certain amount of rage and frustration to loosen the plates so the link seems to look and move normally now, but is it safe?

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
I'll be there and should be riding back from Oume. A quick question/confession: I bought a new chain but kept getting stiff links where I had pushed in the pin. I found out it was because when I pushed in the pin, the two outer plates would be forced tight onto the inner plates, stopping the link from bending as normal. Normal jiggling and flexing didn't loosen them, so I ended up applying some long-nosed pliers and a certain amount of rage and frustration to loosen the plates so the link seems to look and move normally now, but is it safe?
Getting the chain pin in perfectly has always been a little bit of a concern for me, so I stopped using them and went to KMC Quick Links several years ago. They are just a better all around solution, IMHO!

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Getting the chain pin in perfectly has always been a little bit of a concern for me, so I stopped using them and went to KMC Quick Links several years ago. They are just a better all around solution, IMHO!
Certainly looks easier than my method. Will check them out.