What's new

Ride SAT, July 19th - Shiraishi, Pizza, Sadamine

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
It's hot, I've been a bit delinquent the last number of weekends and am a bit out of shape, so a rather light, mellow outing is in order.Note that if everyone is feeling sufficiently genki another optional climb could be added in.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1400-1600m
Distance: 100-110km
Route: HERE

I'll join you on this if the weather's ok. I'll also put orders in for Monday's pizza to give them a couple of days to prepare.

Couldn't fathom myself waking up at 3.00am, so will be coming along with you instead, together with @Chikako. See you tomorrow.

Raining here at mo, so going to give it a miss today: will try and join Monday ride instead!
Ride safe.
I guess that's why the road surface was so wet already.

We were just fine until we reached the top of Shiroishi, with only some sprinkles here and there.
However, we cut the ride short considering multiple conditions; the drop of temperature, the dense fog, the road surface, the forming of the cloud, etc.
We had a nice warm 鬼うどん at the place on the Sadamine descent, and headed down to Ogawamachi, quite soaked upon arriving.

I was glad to be out nonetheless. Thanks to the return of our ride leader @Yamabushi.

Nice steady ride with @Chikako, @Aron B and @Yamabushi this morning (cheers guys!), cut short by the nasty change of weather. Having been out of the mountains for so long I thought Shiraishi would chew me to bits, but I ended up shaving almost two minutes off my best time instead - result!

At the top of Sadamine we made an executive decision to head towards Ogawamachi rather than the pizza place as the visibility was terrible and descending was a risky business. We stopped in at a soba restaurant - the one with the late 1980s vibe and enormous photo albums - on the way there, and by the time we'd finished lunch the heavens had opened and all of us got totally drenched on the ride to the station.

Monday's weather's looking good, so hopefully see you out there bright and early!

Glad to hear you all got out there this morning. Weather was pretty pants though huh! We kept an eye out for you on our way back home but we must have just missed you.

Back
Top Bottom