What's new

Ride SAT, July 13th - Green Line & Soba Run

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
With the oppressive heat, we'll be scaling everything back a bit with another old classic route including a nice soba stop.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1500-1800m
Distance: 100-110km
Route: HERE

Additionally, note that there are plenty of options to shorten the ride if the heat becomes excessive, or conversely lengthen the ride if everyone is feeling genki. Hope to see you Saturday morning!

Nice, will try to do a test ride tomorrow, but I'm feeling pretty good so I think I'm good for Saturday!
95% sure I'm in.. looking forward to it!

I was thinking I might join at Moro Station and split off at the 76km mark (so just do the first three climbs).
What sort of time would you expect to be at Moro Station and the 76km mark?

I was thinking I might join at Moro Station and split off at the 76km mark (so just do the first three climbs).
What sort of time would you expect to be at Moro Station and the 76km mark?

While difficult to say exactly, probably about 3 hours from our start time. That would make it about 10am. I'd try to be there about 9:45am just to be safe though.

While difficult to say exactly, probably about 3 hours from our start time. That would make it about 10am. I'd try to be there about 9:45am just to be safe though.
Thanks. Is that for Moro Station or the 76km point?

Would love to come but am waiting on an order of "wide fit" shoes for my pained left foot. Hope to be there for the next one.

I should mention that tomorrow is the Hanno 夏祭り, so its going to be absolutely rammed near the station from about midday onwards.

Some of the roads near the station may well be non-navigable or almost non-navigable due to the weight of people.

I should mention that tomorrow is the Hanno 夏祭り, so its going to be absolutely rammed near the station from about midday onwards.

Some of the roads near the station may well be non-navigable or almost non-navigable due to the weight of people.
Ahhh... good to know. In that case, I'll likely end the ride at Oume Station then.

Have a great ride guys. I won't be joining you unfortunately as ill be riding from the Odawara coast, up to Fuji San 5th station then running to the top. Hope to see you all on the next one though ;)

Back
Top Bottom