What's new

Ride SAT, DEC 7th, Wada Pass, Tsuru Pass and Lake Okutama

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Hello everyone

Sorry for the late posting. Something a bit different to the usual Saturday group ride. This one starts on the West side of Tokyo and follows Tamagawa and Asakawa to cover one sharp climb (Wada Pass) followed by a long incline up over Tsuru Pass. We then ride alongside Okutama Lake and mostly downhill to catch the train home from Oume. Wada Pass will be WATT of course, with no other major climbs unless everyone feels like it. Aron and Chikako have confirmed they are coming off-thread.

Will most likely be stopping at one conbini before the climb to Wada Pass, and for lunch at the soba place between markers 98 and 99 km on the route.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:15 am
Meet Place: In front of the Lawson at the intersection of Kanpachi-Dori and Route 20. It is the start point on the route linked below. If you want to meet on the Tamagawa river en route that's good too. Post where below.
Climbing: 1500-2000 m
Distance: 130 km from the meeting point to Oume
Route: HERE

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing, John.
Will meet you at 7:15 in my full winter kit (or almost), with a neck-warmer as well.

Chikako, Aron and myself made it out today on a route with something new for all of us. Hopefully the great weather continues and @saibot finally recovers from Hotaka so he can join us next time.

Thanks for leading us out to Okutama today, John.
First time to ride on the Tamagawa cycling path, the famous Wada-pass, and the long quiet 2nd climb, so basically everything was new to me today.
Enjoyed the great weather and the beautiful scenery showing the remains of autumn as well.

See you on the next one.

Wish I could have joined today. I had to make do with myself, a pair of running shoes and 34km of the Arakawa. Can any of you ride next Sat?

Damn...I did not even see this...too bad.

Hope it was a good ride, although it was nightly chilly in the AM.

Damn...I did not even see this...too bad.

Hope it was a good ride, although it was nightly chilly in the AM.
Would you have ridden, had you seen it? You never come out to play anymore :(
How about next Sat?

I did ride that day ;)

Next week is possible depending on my studies, but I'll ride if I can and the weather cooperates.

Back
Top Bottom