What's new

Ride SAT, DEC 21st - Temple Climb, Green Line and Shomaru to Oume

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Hello everyone

While the best of TCC are doing the only sensible thing and leaving this metropolis, it is up to the rest of us to keep the fire (in our thighs) burning. This is a repeat of last week's group ride so I won't get lost. It includes one hefty climb, a stop for lunch at the top of Shomaru Toge, a great descent down Yamabushi Toge and a bit more riding back to Oume. Not that long. Hopefully someone who knows the Arakawa better than me can lead us out to the first conbini stop too (ahem, @saibot).

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30 8:30 am
Meet Place: At the spaceship.
Climbing: 1500-2000 m
Distance: 100 km from the meeting point to Oume
Route: HERE

Last edited:
I'll be there in spirit. Have a good ride guys. Already looking forward to the first ride of 2014 when I get back from the States.

Sorry John, I'm out for tomorrow... have some stuff that need to be taken care of. Next one hopefully.

Made a change to the meet time so people can leave home after sunrise. Moved time back from 7:30 to 8:30 am at the spaceship.

Made a change to the meet time so people can leave home after sunrise. Moved time back from 7:30 to 8:30 am at the spaceship.
Nice one. Tomorrow is after all the shortest day of the year. Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset. 06.47 - 16.31

We were turned back by ice and snow on the road about 1 km from the Green Line so no more high climbs until the spring, probably.

...and 39-53T rings with a 11-25T cassette is not advised! Thanks again JT for an epic ride today!

Back
Top Bottom