What's new

Ride Sat- Aug 1st -The Scorchio ride

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
scorchiojuly2015.jpg

Welcome to Scorchio. This time we will be heading over to Moroyama and over a little climb before climbing up the enchanted forest. With lots of tree cover, it should be pretty well shaded. Its most likely going to be a hot one so bring two bottles. Conbini/vending machine stops are fine and we@ll be stopping for lunch at a pizza place (Not Hana cafe). Please note the earlier than usual start time, to avoid the worst of the heat. Climbs will be WATT within reason. Those in a hurry can stop off at Hanno, Ogawamachi or Sakado station. Depending on the time, I'm planning on riding home.

(Big thanks to @Andy in Tokyo for his poster making skills)

Meet Time: 6:00am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: ~2000m, give or take
Distance: ~153km if you make it back to the spaceship
Route: HERE

ace poster!

I'll be there barring nothing unexpected happen, like someone stealing my bike etc.

I'm in (obvs). May do the extra climb over to Ogawamachi and finish there, or continue on to Sakado. Will have to see how we're doing for time when we get to that Tokigawa Base place.

Hi. I'm a 50-year-old beginner living not too far from the Spaceship. I'd like to tag along and see how far I can last, if that's ok?

Hi. I'm a 50-year-old beginner living not too far from the Spaceship. I'd like to tag along and see how far I can last, if that's ok?
Hi there
You are more than welcome to give it a go. It would be wise to bring a smart phone that had google maps on it in for if/when you get dropped so you can find your way home. If you are a beginner then I'm going to guess you might get dropped somewhere along the river but don't let that put you off joining. If that happens it'll only make you stronger for next week ;)
Just for your reference, we will probably keep a steady leisurely pace of around 32-35kph up the Arakawa river, unless @saibot is doing the pulling, in which case about 28kph ;)

Aiming to get the train out to Sakado for 6.30am ish. That should see me swept up on the road to Moroyama and out the back just before Ogawamachi.

Aiming to get the train out to Sakado for 6.30am ish. That should see me swept up on the road to Moroyama and out the back just before Ogawamachi.
Does that mean you are wanting to meet up with us? If so, where? Sakado station? If so, being at Sakado station would be too early. We would be riding past Kita Sakado station around 7:30 I guess.

Does that mean you are wanting to meet up with us? If so, where? Sakado station? If so, being at Sakado station would be too early. We would be riding past Kita Sakado station around 7:30 I guess.

I made it 34km from spaceship? That's maybe 7? I can get there for then.

@Ing. this will not be like the previous ride you went on with us. It is not a full on hammer session, so I reckon you should just ride out with them from the beginning.

@Ing. this will not be like the previous ride you went on with us. It is not a full on hammer session, so I reckon you should just ride out with them from the beginning.

You can get where for 7?

If that's the case I can ride home for the extra. Easier for me to get to Kita Sakado than spaceship from here - so can meet there when you pass :)

If I wake in time that is - wish couple in the room next door could keep it down a bit... !

Back
Top Bottom