SAT, AUG 18th - Shiraishi & Nihongi-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
Takaaki, Chikako and I will be heading out for a moderately paced ride this Saturday. Due to the heat, I've kept the route a bit shorter and have attemtped to keep us on shaded rindos and climbs as much as possible. We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, Shiraishi-toge. From there, we'll continue up to the observatory, before descending down to Sadamine-toge. We'll continue the descent down the west side of Sadamine to the pizza and gelato place where we'll break for an early lunch. After lunch we climb back up the west side of the Nihongi-toge ridge line and on to another descent and climb. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1900-2200m
Distance: 115-125km
Route: HERE

If you aren't familiar with Shiraishi-toge and Nihongi-toge, there will be lots of rindo's, greenery, climbing, and minimal traffic! We'll be finishing at Ogawamachi Station on the Tobu Tojo Line so please, don't forget your rinko bag.

Chikako

Maximum Pace
May 6, 2012
tokyo
Pete,

Sounds great! Thanks for organizing.
Looking forward to riding in the nice shades up in the mountains.
See you at Fami-Ma Saturday morning.

Takaaki-san,

Was a nice surprise bumping into you yesterday.
See you there!

Chikako

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
That does sound like fun, alas I have to be back home by 11am to take care of some things so I guess I will have to stay local....:(

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
Pete,

Sounds great! Thanks for organizing.
Looking forward to riding in the nice shades up in the mountains.
See you at Fami-Ma Saturday morning.
Yep, I'm looking forward to it!

That does sound like fun, alas I have to be back home by 11am to take care of some things so I guess I will have to stay local....:(
Sorry to hear that we're going to miss you again.

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kita-Ueno
Me too.

This ride sounds deliciously familiar!
Pizza & gelato? Didn't you forget to mention the "ice-cream" at the Fureai-boku-jo (farm)?
See you there! T

TimeTraveler

Maximum Pace
Feb 6, 2012
Koto-ku, Tokyo
Pete, I would love to join this one...the ice cream sounds very tempting...but I don't want to rush my recovery and risk further injury.:eek:uch:

I look forward to reading the report!

Cheers,
Kevin

Chikako

Maximum Pace
May 6, 2012
tokyo
Pete,

Thanks for another great ride with the great Arakawa-Bunkyo-Taito? (+Yokohama) group today.
The weather couldn't have been better (for me, at least), was able to train myself with the climbs, and that ice cream up on the hill was a treat.

Jose and Takaaki, hope you two got home safely. Admire you for riding back from there.
Julian and Kim-san, nice meeting you today!
Travis, thank god I didn't drop out of that fast train down to Ogawamachi station! Thanks for all the pulling.

See you all soon.

Chikako

kimm

Maximum Pace
Dec 25, 2009
tokyo, arakawaku
Guys, thank you for the leading & great team work from start to the goal.
Delicious Pizza & ice cream was so good ingredients for today as well.
Let's do this again soon and will see you guys soon. :D
Kimm

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kita-Ueno
Yep!

Thanks Pete, for another great day in the hills of eastern Chichibu.
I got a PB on the Shiraishi-toge climb: 31:45 - Nearly 4 minutes faster than I was 2 weeks ago.
Great to see everyone again, especially Kimm, for the first time in over 3 years!!
See you all next week. T