What's new

Ride SAT, AUG 10th - Green Line/Chichibu Area

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
We'll do Kuro San Taki, followed by Shomaru-toge and Osawa-toge finishing in Oume.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1800-2100m
Distance: 125-135km
Route: HERE

Hope to see you, Saturday!

Thank for sharing. I will ride in the area, so there might be a remote chance of meeting enroute, although I might be too early.
Will start in Ome to go on a one way trip with arima, Nichitsu, Budou toge, finishing in the Nobeyama area.

Yeah, we'll probably miss you due to the start time. On a different note, Mark and I will be doing Budou-toge Thursday on our way out to Nagano. Please, let us know how the road condition is if you get a chance.

I can join this time. Am thinking of turning right on the 411 instead of left, climbing Nokogiri for the first time then riding past Musashiitsukaichi if anyone is interested.

Edit: I added the climb to Pete's route and saved as a separate route here

Pete,

Is the first climb the one with the soba shop at the top? I would like to join tomorrow with another friend, David. We would probably need to bail to Hanno station. I think it is a straight shot down 299 after the main descent. Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Tom

I can join this time. Am thinking of turning right on the 411 instead of left, climbing Nokogiri for the first time then riding past Musashiitsukaichi if anyone is interested.

Edit: I added the climb to Pete's route and saved as a separate route here
Nokogiri is a nice climb. That being said, be aware that the road surface is really bad. It's not a big deal when you are climbing, but it makes descending a bit of a chore. If you've never done it before though, go for it!

Pete,

Is the first climb the one with the soba shop at the top? I would like to join tomorrow with another friend, David. We would probably need to bail to Hanno station. I think it is a straight shot down 299 after the main descent. Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Tom
Yes, after the first climb if you turn back to the left the three soba shops are not too far down the Green Line. By all means, please join us. Just FYI, we'll be turning to the right and hitting the soba shop at the top of Shomaru.

Hi Pete,

I'm planning to ride the Green line out of Hanno on Sunday for the first time. Here's my route at the moment

three soba shops are not too far down the Green Line

Are you please able to stick a pin in a googlemap (or some other internet map method) to roughly identify where those three soba shops are please? Hoping to incorporate one of them into my route as a lunch point

Hi Pete,

I'm planning to ride the Green line out of Hanno on Sunday for the first time. Here's my route at the moment

Are you please able to stick a pin in a googlemap (or some other internet map method) to roughly identify where those three soba shops are please? Hoping to incorporate one of them into my route as a lunch point

The soba shops are HERE. Additionally, note that the small section you have between 40.6km - 44.7km doesn't exist. To add some variety in your route, how about doing THIS change from your 36.7km mark?

Hi Pete,
I'd like to join but my maximum time is 3:30hrs. Do you think I can drop by somewhere around good place?

THanks
Kimm

Hi Pete,
I'd like to join but my maximum time is 3:30hrs. Do you think I can drop by somewhere around good place?

THanks
Kimm
You could just descend down from the Green Line to any of the stations on #299, but I obviously can't make any guarantees on exact times.

I'll be there too!
With any luck, we'll have a cool breeze, and everyone will be happy! Yay...

Great. David and I will be at the Family Mart in the morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mounting up some Conti Gatorskins now!

The soba shops are HERE.
Many thanks for the help. Mike also suggested to me the additional section you provided, but I'm keen to keep out of the sun and perhaps avoid that little hill at the end for a (slightly) cooler day.

Your route for tomorrow looks a good one and whilst tomorrow doesn't work, I hope to join you in the future. Have a great ride!

Many thanks for the help. Mike also suggested to me the additional section you provided, but I'm keen to keep out of the sun and perhaps avoid that little hill at the end for a (slightly) cooler day.

Your route for tomorrow looks a good one and whilst tomorrow doesn't work, I hope to join you in the future. Have a great ride!
Cheers, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom