Ride SAT, April 5th - Shiraishi & Pizza

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
First attempt at a pizza run for 2014 with a tried and true classic route. We'll cycle up the Arakawa, up and over Shiraishi-toge, descending for lunch at the pizza place, them back up Sadamine, descending the other side and then Nihongi-toge after that before finally ending at Ogawamachi Station. Please, note the slightly earlier meeting time.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1500-1800m
Distance: 115-125km
Route: HERE

Just FYI, two weeks ago there was still snow at the top of Shiraishi-toge. It's been warm since then, and I expect that it's cleared. If for some reason it hasn't, we'll descend back down Shiraishi and take an alternate backup route north to the Takasaki Line. See HERE for alternative route.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
@wendy surely it can't be 240km. I was under the impression you lived near @GrantT . He often comes out riding and there is no way he clocks up 120-130km to get to the meeting point at the convenience store. I'm guessing it will be about 20km on top of Pete's estimate above.

@theBlob better make it 7:55. They usually take about 30mins from the convenience store to the spaceship but have been known to do it in 25.

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
@wendy If you are a bit worried about riding the train in your bike gear it's totally fine, and most people in the group will be riding it with you. I almost always got the train home and was fine walking with my bike in full cycling gear through Shinjuku station. You just need a bike bag (like the link I sent before), and rubber cleat covers like these are also a good idea.

wendy

Speeding Up
Feb 22, 2014
kawasaki shi, takatsuku
1 st im not familiar with the trains..
2nd the bikebag..
i cant put budget on bike bag at this moment..since i wanna buy a hard case..
i do really want to join...but im poor on trains since im not riding it...

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
1 st im not familiar with the trains..
2nd the bikebag..
i cant put budget on bike bag at this moment..since i wanna buy a hard case..
i do really want to join...but im poor on trains since im not riding it...
If you want you can use two big 90 liter gomi bags and tape. Best way to get familiar is do it once.