Ride Sat - April 2nd -Tochigiloop

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Gonna be heading out to new roads (for me) tomorrow. I have pinched the route from @D'Pioneer so ta very much. I haven't had time to change the route to include the start from the spaceship but I will do when I get home from work tonight. For now, the map starts in Kasukabe.

Meeting at the spaceship at 6:50am.
Distance is gonna be around 300k from the spaceship. Elevation gain is probably about 2000m looking at the rwgps file.

It might rain tomorrow morning, in which case we might bail, so please keep an eye on this thread just in case.

Route here

D'Pioneer

Far beyond the black horizon
Oct 9, 2015
I got about 3000m for this ride all in, with the smaller climbs on the way in and out.

It was about 20 degrees when we did it on Tuesday and still cold as hell on some sections, so with tomorrow's reduction in temperature and possible rain it would be a bit grim for sure.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Yeah, one of the Swedes told me it will be a max of 10 degrees tomorrow so up at 1000m it will be bloody freezing. No fun on the descent. Better doing it in warmer weather for sure.

D'Pioneer

Far beyond the black horizon
Oct 9, 2015
Erm... somehow deleted the post I just made.

Summary of the deleted post;

The rear side of the big climb is all out of the sun so it will be really really cold tomorrow. Good decision to post-pone for sure.