What's new

Ride SAT, APR 26th - Shiraishi, Mase-toge to Honjo

I'll join also but unfortunately need to bail out around lunch (via Chichibu). Weather does look perfect, shame I cannot make the full route.

So happy to have joined Pete's ride once again.
Was a real summer day out in Chichibu, and I was finally enjoying the descends without an extra layer.
Thanks to the leader and the great company as always!
See you on the next one (Tuesday? if the weather's preferable...anyone?)

Great ride as usual. Beautiful scenery, beautiful weather and of course, a whole host of beautiful people ;)

After the last climb, @saibot @Aron B and I headed home. Unfortunately, @saibot was really feeling the kms and began to hallucinate about jet washers and different varieties of chain lube. He decided to call it quits at Kita Sakado station and got the train back (I think he still managed to clock over 180km). Aron and I continued without him but we were greeted by a rather strong headwind for almost the entire ride home. Struggling in the headwind, we managed to keep a reasonable 32 or 33kph all the way back and even resisted the urge to stop at a conbini. I think it is fair to say my legs were toast by the time we reached the spaceship but I loved every minute of it. I certainly need to get some more long rides in my legs. I finished up with 206km. I'm guessing Aron was about 5-10km more than me.

Thanks for the ride everyone (and of course, thanks to Pete for organising).

Good times! Today was my longest ride of the year - actually my longest ride ever - at 150km. Set a goal of 30 mins for Shiraishi and ended up with 28:48. Well happy with that considering it was only my third time up there.

Thanks to @Yamabushi and the usual crew for a cracking day out. See you next weekend!

Great ride with the old and new regulars, beautiful weather. The area beyond the Green Line and the Nihongi ridge line is so nice and quiet, really a luxury to be able to escape the metropole there and back again in a single day. Even though the forecast had announced northeastern wind in Tokyo for the afternoon, obviously it was south/southeast, but I had anticipated it by the time we reached Ogawamachi. Rather enjoyed ploughing through it with @leicaman.

Thats called being a masochist.

Great ride with the old and new regulars, beautiful weather. The area beyond the Green Line and the Nihongi ridge line is so nice and quiet, really a luxury to be able to escape the metropole there and back again in a single day. Even though the forecast had announced northeastern wind in Tokyo for the afternoon, obviously it was south/southeast, but I had anticipated it by the time we reached Ogawamachi. Rather enjoyed ploughing through it with @leicaman.

Back
Top Bottom