What's new

Ride Sat.Apr.19th.Kasayama, Mase-toge to Honjo

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
We'll start with Kasayama, a scenic rarely ridden climb, and then have lunch at the udon place at the bottom of Sadamine. After that, an alternate Nihongi-toge climb ending with a nice Mase-toge ridge line run.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1900-2200m
Distance: 125-135km
Route: HERE

See you Saturday!

Can I have a piece of the pie too please?
I might ride home after the last climb if anyone fancies it.

Count us in once again, although we'll bail out somewhere after the Kasayama climb.
Sorry for taking away your riding back buddy, Mark!

Back for more fat-burning and ego-bruising climbs... Woohooooooo
Will probably bail before Honjo as well.

You do realize riding back from the last climb will be like 250k :p

Maybe we can ride back from the second climb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only 250km? :p

Heading back after the 2nd climb sounds good to me.

Only 250km? :p

Heading back after the 2nd climb sounds good to me.
Ok, we'll see how the time and body feels, but I'll aim for a ride back this time!
Just realized I have a work nomikai tonight ... Got to work on that one beer, one water pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably my favourite ride of the year so far. Unfortunately Aron and Chikako had to turn around after the first climb (Kasayama) and they took Waichan with them. Down to four and we continued on, through the lovely scenery. The cherry blossom was falling from the trees at higher altitude and looked amazing. Quick stop at the udon place for lunch before heading up nihongi pass. Once up there Owen started having problems with his bike and decided it would be better to jump ship rather than continue and get potentially stranded.
This meant it was only Tobias, Andy and myself were left. Unfortunately for the others, this is where the route got really beautiful. One particular descent was amazing. I don't remember the name of it but Tobias took a video so hopefully Pete will be able tell me where it is. Dropping down towards Honjo, Tobias and Andy decided to ride on in to honjo station. I turned off and continued back to Ogawamachi and got the train from there. Great ride as usual. Thanks to Pete for the route. Sorry you couldn't join us today. Hope to see everyone out next weekend.

I'll give it a ride next Friday.
yeah you should mate. It was beautiful. Really bad luck that it rained only on Friday this week huh
sepere2a.jpg

Here is a quick snap I took with my phone as we were on one of the climbs. @saibot is the model

Great stuff today. My longest ride of the year so far and also the most climbing I've ever done - hoping it'll get easier sooner rather than later. Cheers to @leicaman and @saibot for waiting for me at the top of the last couple of climbs.

Hope to see everyone next Saturday for more of the same.

@Musashi13 You might want to take it easy on the first few descents. There were some pretty slippery sections that nearly took me down. Oh and the first climb is evil.

yeah you should mate. It was beautiful. Really bad luck that it rained only on Friday this week huh
sepere2a.jpg

Here is a quick snap I took with my phone as we were on one of the climbs. @saibot is the model
Wow, almost looks like I have calves! How pictures can be deceiving.

Very nice ride today, the second part of the ride had some insane scenery with all the sakura "snowing" down on us, nice climbs and descents. Too bad Aron, Chikako, Waichan and Owen missed it. And @Yamabushi was certainly missed!

Will be going trough all the pictures and post some later.

Top of kasayama before @Aron B @Waichan and @Chikako (behind Aron) turned around and headed home
GOPR0509.jpg
GOPR0510.jpg
Super color full scenery down to Sadamine
G0020567.jpg

This guy, @leicaman insisted to ride behind me when he realized the camera was on, here he's taking on the view, seemed happy.

G0010464.jpg

however, as you can see here, @leicaman was really struggling to keep up with me and @Andy in Tokyo
G0010497.jpg

He even had to get off and walk
G0010470.jpg

Here @leicaman is laughing so hard he almost gave an hiker a heart attack... very rude
G0030971.jpg

@leicaman soon regained his composure as he dreamed his way up the sakura littered roads
G0041251.jpg

Last edited:
Cool photos @saibot .

Of course I had to get off the bike and walk when that photo was taken. It was pushing almost 5% gradient. Might get 12-32 cassette for next time.

There is a very funny story behind the photo of me laughing. Still makes me chuckle when I think about it.

Back
Top Bottom