What's new

Ride Sat - 6th December Kasayama detour, iimori, temple climb Ogawamachi

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all
We will be venturing out to the mountains this Saturday. We'll be heading over Kasayama on the newly found detour that @Aron B suggested then up the temple climb. I'm aware that the temps will be quite a bit lower this Saturday so please dress appropriately. There are a limited number of places to get food so please stock up before leaving in the morning (stocking up at our regular conbini after coming off the Arakawa is also possible).

Please note that there will be quite a few stops for basically playing with camera gear. A certain Swede, who shall remain nameless, has just bought a very nice new camera and it would be rude not to give it a thorough testing. Climbs will be WATT within reason.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: ~ 2500m give or take a few thousand metres
Distance: ~145km from the Spaceship

Here Is the route.

Last edited:
An interesting route, that. I'll be there. Got plans in the afternoon so will most likely head back to Ogawamachi at Takashino. Will be dressed appropriately for the camera, as always.

Will you be stopping at the Family Mart at the 48km crossroads? If so, what's your eta?
And, what time do you expect to be at the top of Kasayama?

Would like to join for at least part of this.

I'm thinking it may be better to end in Sakado from Ogose since that last part is not very interesting anyway. But we can decide as we go.

@Sibreen no we won't be stopping at that family mart. We will however be stopping at the family Mart just after 31km on the map. We should be there just after 8am (I'm gonna guess 8:08).
I'm not sure when we will get to the top of Kasayama to be honest. @Aron B is probably the best person to ask that (although having said that, we are gonna be stopping for photos along the way so Aron might get bored and blast off ahead).

Aron, that's a pretty damn good idea. I might change the route tonight to finish in Sakado. Trains are more frequent and it's also closer to everyone's destinations too.

It's a bit difficult to say, depends on departure delay, conbini delay, photoshoot delay. Maybe 10.30am??

Ok. I'll try and be at the top of Kasayama at 10.30am.
If you don't see me, maybe someone could post on TCC when you leave the summit? It'll help me decide which direction to head from the top.

Ok, we are just leaving Kasayama now. Probably going to stop at the udon place on sadamine (near the bus stop).

Beautiful. I say we turn him into a Vapourwave mega-star (even if he doesn't want to be).

'Chrilliam'

This will not take much time. @Chris Williams, can we get you on Skype and record you talking for a bit? We (me) will then take your voice, lob it through Antares Auto-Tune, and add it to a hastily made backing track assembled using the crappiest sounds possible in Fruity Loops.

@Andy in Tokyo, you are the 'Image Director'.

We need a Youtube channel making, and a squadron of 'hackers' and 'trolls' to spam this across the net, and I reckon we will have a Christmas smash hit on our hands.

I am sure they use the same bit of road to take photos - " and this week SAIL BOAT is modelling ????? " They should be in the YMCA they look the parts

Last edited:
Oh and post more photos of yourself. I can Photoshop you into a few TCC ride shots if you like, make you feel more part of the community.

@Chris Williams I'm not sure what what you are trying to attain from your attitude but I'm guessing you are either trying to wind us up or get into some kind of argument. Firstly, let me just say your words run from us like water of a duck's back. Secondly, I don't want to start an argument with someone that most men in tights have fantasies about (especially when we wear pink).

So, I have a proposal. You stop calling us rude names and go back to what we all come on the Tokyo Cycling Club forum for, to see what temperature it is...... in France, and how far you rode today...... in France. Oh, and please tell us which gloves you wore, too.......in France. It's all fascinating stuff. And for our side of the bargain, we'll promise to keep having fantasies about you..... whilst wearing pink. Deal?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom