What's new

Ride Sat 5 Dec: Rindonesia

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012
image.jpeg

Now then,

A bit of a shorter one than usual this Saturday along the back roads between Chichibu and Ogawamachi, and ending at Ogawamachi station.

Food will be had from one of the conbinis at around the 47km point. We'll be keeping things fairly snappy as some of us have captives in underground dungeons that need to be fed, hosed down and deloused.

Distance: 120km
Elevation gain: 1,800m (or thereabouts)
Pace: 30-35kph on the flats

Meeting point: The Spaceship
Meeting time: 7am
End point: Ogawamachi station (Tobu Tojo line)
[ROUTE]

Last edited:
I won't attend because you bowed to peer pressure and made a poster.

I will connect somewhere near the Kanestu, just before the hills.

Due to travels, this was my last ride of the year. Clear blue skies, a bright sun, new rindos and pleasant company as always. Thanks everybody for a good year, I'll miss the bonenkai I'm afraid.

Really nice ride yesterday. Props to @Andy in Tokyo for the route. His random mouse clicks on wiggly lines on his computer screen when he should have been working, led to some beautiful uncharted roads. Severe lack of anywhere to get food meant I was running on fumes towards the end but it's all good.
Too bad that @Chrisisism came down with a bug on Friday night and @Adam Cobain was a lazy little blighter and slept in ;). Hope to catch you both on the next one.
And now a few selfies

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Indeed it was a good one, despite the utterly random nature of my ride planning. Found some cracking little roads (and @saibot found a descent worthy of his GoPro), though there was a distinct lack of food stops: skipping that final climb and heading for the station was a wise idea.

Cheers to the usual crew for coming out, and have a safe trip home @Aron B !

Sweet one indeed. While I took of midway to stuff my face with pizza I really enjoyed that, even the 15+% buggers was pretty fun, as they weren't long enough to break my mood. Feels like we have some nice roads to keep up happy during the winter months.

When we went our separate way I had a chance to enjoy this going down for the first time

Back
Top Bottom