What's new

Ride Sat, 28th March - Ono, Sadamine, Pizza, Kasayama

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

Ride time again. We'll be heading out to the usual hunting ground tomorrow for some on the Tarmac. We will be stopping at the Pizza place for lunch and then heading over Kasayama (if it is passable after last year's landslide). We will be finishing in Ogawamachi (or possibly riding home if the weather stays nice and sunny all day). Climbs will be WATT within reason (This will be a recovery ride for me so I think everyone will be waiting for me). Please note, anyone heard talking about the properties of WD40 and its use as a lubricant on chains will be pushed off the nearest mountainside ;)

INFO:
Meet Time: 8am
Meet Place: Spaceship
Climbing: 2000-2400m
Distance: 123km from the spaceship
Route: HERE

Nice. I'm in. Kasayama should be fine, the landslide was somewhere else, not on this route.

Please note that I've changed the date in the title as you will all be aware that Saturday is in actual fact the 28th. Not the 27th. Thanks to @Musashi13 for pointing out that I am an idiot.

That was not my intent and that is why I did not shame you publicly. I will continue to police your content in the hope that one day you can post unaided.

Have a great ride on Saturday the 28th of March 2015.

I'll join for at least the first little stretch up the Arakawa. I have to see a dog about a man tomorrow so have to be back early, unfortunately.

I will not come as I have far more important things to do that don't involve WD40 or other kinds of lube. I am happy to report that Kasayama is clear for business as I went over it today and had no issues with landslides or other freak occurances in the middle of the road.

If the weather is as glorious as it is today you will probably face a slight headwind coming back down the river if you choose that option. Should be no problem at all.

Have a good one boys!

And then suddenly it was spring. Very nice to be out. A bit chilly in the morning for shorts, but after about 10.00am it turned reeeeally pleasant. I skipped Kasayama because I needed to return home earlier. Route 11 was just as pretty with all the blossoming trees.

Back
Top Bottom