• Come on Sugar, let me know

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Oh, you are a weirdo

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Planning on heading out to the usual playground in the Tokigawa area this coming Saturday. This is going to be a rather mellow ride with minimal climbing. Lunch will be at the usual pizza place. I have to be home early so I'll be taking the train back from Ogawamachi.

Meeting point- The spaceship
Meeting time - 7am
Distance- about 100km from the spaceship.
Climbing - 1000m ish. WATT to some extent.

This ride might win you that special award it is so soft….sounds perfect for me! I'll have to check with the bosses.

If someone can help me with my bike bag I will come along for the lolz.

What's your ETA at Ono Toge?
Any chance of a route map..?
Let me get back to you regarding the ETA at Ono toge. Route map will come when I find my computer in the pile of boxes left by the moving company. Might be tomorrow night. Sorry about that. (The route is very simple though. Basically up through Sakado on our usual route, up the 172 to the bottom of Shiraishi but don't turn right at Shiraishi, and instead follow the road up to Ono toge. From there ride the green line back down to the top of Shiraishi then down sadamine to Hana cafe. Pizza there, then head back up Sadamine and down the other side, all the way down to Ogawamachi).

@TCC

Mate I actually would be (sounds like a perfect intro ride) but muggins got lumped with a f**king wedding planner meeting on Saturday AM.

My wedding is really important to me but quite why things have to be done, 1. In person, 2. Take ages, 3. At an amazingly expensive cafe, is beyond me.

Last edited:
@TCC
My wedding is really important to me but quite why things have to be done, 1. In person, 2. Take ages, 3. At an amazingly expensive cafe, is beyond me.

How many costume changes are you planning? Lolz!! I ran off to Bali and avoided all the BS that goes on here.

BTW, I cannot make it my daughter has plans for me, and wouldn't give me a day pass.

How many costume changes are you planning? Lolz!! I ran off to Bali and avoided all the BS that goes on here.

BTW, I cannot make it my daughter has plans for me, and wouldn't give me a day pass.

Just one (from kimono to suit/kimono to dress in my wife's case).

It's the nonsense rules and formalities that're the pain.

That being said, we are actually avoiding a lot of that by controlling our own wedding (the planner literally will just liaise with the venue over booking etc).

In any case, regrettable that I can't attend the ride!

Nice, relaxing ride today. Until I nearly killed myself descending into a car. Nasty death avoided thanks to a very loud shout from leicaman. Thank you, leicaman. I can live to risk my life on the descents again.

Not quite the mellow ride I had planned today. The regulars all dropped out one by one before the ride had even begun. I was looking at going for a ride by myself. I decided to watch all of the highlights last night's TDF and leave the house a little later. At 7:08, @GrantT called me. "Where are you? No one is here". He had decided to turn up and surprise us all. I quickly jumped up and headed out. Sorry about that John. We headed up the river and followed the planned route. The heat was very evident, even at higher elevations. We stopped at the Takashino turn off and used the spring to cool off. Definitely the highlight of the day. The lowlight came when John decided that descending at almost 60kph whilst looking forwards was a little boring. So he decided to look backwards. Just as he was showing off his new trick, a boy racer in one of those crappy cars with a big spoiler on the back came around a kink in the road. John was in the middle of the road, heading straight for the car. The car swerved at the last second. John swerved at the last second. How they missed each other, I really don't know. It was the scariest thing I have witnessed on a bike. I was shaking a little on the ride back down to Ogawamachi. That part of the ride was very mellow. Glad to still have you with us, John. Less of the tricks next time please ;)

That's nothing. I went out for an evening 60km and got stung on the arm by a bee.

It was the scariest thing I have witnessed on a bike.

Holy crap!
Let's be careful out there.

Will Lemongina (or the soon to be released new flavour) be on the next TCC kit?

image-jpg.11748

Back
Top Bottom