Ride Sat 24th Jan - The Tour De Golf courses

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Easy ride out to the lower mountains around Tokigawa. Pace will be reasonable and lunch will be at a Conbini as I need to get back home quite early. Wrap up warm.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: The Spaceship
Climbing: 1200-1500m
Distance: 100km from the spaceship
Route: Here

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
What time do you expect to end the ride?
Ah, bugger. I'm never any good at these guestimates. If only @Yamabushi hadn't been killed in that freak razor blade sharpnening accident, he would have still been around to help me out with a rough time. Erm. I reckon if we hit an average of around 26kph, that should put us at 4hours of riding time, plus about 1 hour of stops so we are looking at being back in Sakado around 12.30, give or take an hour or so.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
i'm in too!
As if it is just us and it is a fairly short ride I will estimate the average at 28km/hr or above, Anyway I'll be riding back, no trains for me.
Cool. This is gonna be more of an "easing back into cycling" kinda ride (I managed to pull my calf so I can't run at the moment) so nothing majorly fast. But if you want to do all the pulling, I'm sure we will happily sit in your slipstream ;).

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Ha ha ha! You easing back into cycling probably equals me at my best anyway!!!

Cool. This is gonna be more of an "easing back into cycling" kinda ride (I managed to pull my calf so I can't run at the moment) so nothing majorly fast. But if you want to do all the pulling, I'm sure we will happily sit in your slipstream ;).

saibot

Maximum Pace
May 29, 2012
Taito
Ha ha ha! You easing back into cycling probably equals me at my best anyway!!!
You should have seen him last week, he was huffin' and puffin' all over the place... probably had more to do with his aids outbrake than being out of shape.
Still it's like seeing an albino rhino or something, extremely rare :)

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
You should have seen him last week, he was huffin' and puffin' all over the place... probably had more to do with his aids outbrake than being out of shape.
Still it's like seeing an albino rhino or something, extremely rare :)
I always bite my tongue and say nothing when you write "breaks" instead of "brakes". And now, unbelievably, you've finally put "brake" when it should be "break". You are testing me to my limit, mister.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Top ride fellas! Feeling it now though! The stairs are tough work! Ha ha ha
Nice to put a few more pieces of the puzzle together in that area.
Thanks for organizing Mark!
Good times as always,

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Very enjoyable ride out to the lower mountains around Tokigawa and Ogose. Great to have @theBlob out, and boy was he flyin'. It was also a very nice surprise to find @Aron B waiting at the Spaceship at 7:30. Can't say I was too pleased that @Andy in Tokyo turned up though ;).

No real dramas although Aron did manage to have a blowout during a descent.

Unlike last week, I wasn't coughing up my lungs on this ride but it was very evident that a lot of conditioning in the coming months is needed. I have mainly switched over to running during the winter months and my legs can certainly feel that switch. It was also nice to be back home nice and early. Same again for next weekend me thinks.

No selfies this week as I was shooting with a Voigtlander film camera. I need to dig out my developing chemicals and turn the lights off.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised to see a PR's on the climbs I had done before I guess all my sleeping in and watching tv in the mornings instead of training is starting to pay off! Ha ha ha

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
With the route we did today and a bit on the other side of the 172 I reckon you could easily get 2000m and 150km while never getting over 500m elevation. I think today we maxed out at about 440m or something.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
I felt pretty shoddy as well! Thanks for joining me on the ride back though! It always helps to have some support for the long river sections!

Yeah, great ride, very happy to be out again. I was extremely tired after coming home, or in fact after saying goodbye to @theBlob at the Arakawa. Spent the rest of the day in the kotatsu.