What's new

Ride Sat 22 Aug: Iimori, Shomaru and Yamabushi to Hanno

Just did Yamabushi to Hanno. It was as wet as it could have been but I do like that trip to the station.
As usual I'm working on Saturday so enjoy it without me.

I've slept through my alarm so there's no way I'm going to make it to the Spaceship by 8. Others are now meeting at

I've slept right through my alarm so won't be at the Spaceship by 8. Will catch you up on the way up to the Family Mart.

As Andy won't be at the spaceship, we are going to meet a little further up the river at 8:10
See here for the location

Dropped Pin
near 2 Chome-28-17 Nakamuneoka, Shiki-shi, Saitama-ken 353-0002
http://goo.gl/maps/qkCB6

In the end even dazzy.p and myself didn't make it to the mountains. dazzy's front derailleur was shagged and would only move into the small ring with extreme physical force directly on the derailleur. We turned back about 6 km from the Family Mart.

So in the end, everyone (7people) bailed haha. The cycling gods didn't want anyone to ride today. It wasn't meant to be.

I had never intended to finish it, but I hadn't started intending to even ride as far as I did. Left my arm covers at home and now have really sunburnt arms as a result. Dumb. And my power meter crapped out on the way home. May be the battery, although it didn't just stop which is the usual form for battery induced failure. Anyway did a master reset and will see what happens next time out.

Now getting some serious maintenance done at Seo in Omiya. No more rusty chain, stuck front dérailleur or slow puncture next time. All I need now is the legs to be in better shape by the time we reach the climbs o_O

Once the fashion parade is over, and you have all checked out eachothers kit, bike, and beards, the rest of the ride is just a pain in the arse and too hard. Went well, from what I can see.

Back
Top Bottom