What's new

Ride SAT- 21st Nov - Musashi Itsukaichi, Otsuki, Matsuhime, Okutama, Hanno

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

Planning on doing a ride out to the west of Tokyo this coming Saturday. A few of us will meet at Hanno station then ride down to Musashi Itsukaichi station, meet others there then continue on with the route. There is one fool who will be ride from home to home also. I'll upload both routes as people might want to join earlier along the route.

Meet Time: 7:00am in Shiki, about 7:30am at Hanno station, 8:30am at Musashi Itsukaichi (these times may change)
Meet Place: Shiki, Hanno or Musashi Itsukaichi
Climbing: ~3700m (Ignore the RidewithGPS data, it's always wrong).
Distance: ~175km from Musashi Itsukaichi to Hanno, 203km Hanno to Hanno, 250km Shiki to Shiki
Route: HERE and here (this second route isn't the exact route I'll be taking, but it will give you an idea of where you can join me)

Pace - Faster than a drop of rain rolling down a window pane, slower than something that is very fast. Climbs will be WATT within reason.

With the winter closing in, it would be very wise to bring along a decent front light and an LED blinker rear light as it will most likely be pitch black when we arrive back. The route also takes us up to 1200m, so I would definitely advice you to wear some warm clothes. @Aron B , you should be fine with your fingerless gloves and a bikini ;)

Thanks to the scrote with the creosote for that info. At the moment my plan is to hop on the Chuo line at Iidabashi at 6:47, change trains at Hajima and be at Musashi-Itsukaichi at 8:16.

An epic ride write-up!

Cracked up on a few occasions reading through it.

Would be looking forward but Saturday is my birthday and we have other plans. Was hoping to ride on Monday but it looks like more rain. Have a good one.

An epic ride write-up!

Cracked up on a few occasions reading through it.
Heath, you on crack mate ? ;)

What ride write up are you talking about? This ride ain't happened yet !!!

I'll join for this one. Will be riding from Setagaya along the Tamagawa to join up at Musashi-Itsukaishi. I'll also be taking the train back from Ome.

Weather is looking good for tomorrow. Might be a little chiller high up though so don't forget to bring some warmer clothes too.

Also aiming to join this ride at Musashi-Itsukaishi. Probably grab a train from Yotsuya at 7:07 and be out there for 8:16.
Haven't been on a serious ride for a month so please forgive me for being a bit slow

Also aiming to join this ride at Musashi-Itsukaishi. Probably grab a train from Yotsuya at 7:07 and be out there for 8:16.
Haven't been on a serious ride for a month so please forgive me for being a bit slow
No worries. As you haven't been riding for a month, just make sure you have the route in your garmin as we won't be waiting long at the top of the climbs as its gonna be a bit on the chilly. Normally your pace wouldn't be a problem, but with no riding for a month , I don't know where your fitness is at ;)

Great ride today in really nice weather. On my way to Musashi Itsukaichi, I bumped into @dazzy.b , who had taken the train to Hanno unannounced. He was trying to make his way to Musashi Itsukaichi so he jumped on board and we met everyone else at the station.
I had worn a long sleeve merino base layer and long sleeve jersey but I was pretty worried I might burn up on the climbs. At the top of Tomonomori, I was a little warm and sweaty but not too bad so pretty happy with my choice as I knew it would get colder once the sun went down.
We lost @dazzy.b on the climb, but nice to have you out mate.
We also lost @macrophotofly at the top of the second climb as he decided to cut the ride short and get home a little earlier. The rest of us continued on to Uenohara where we stopped for a conbini lunch. Regrettably, most of us are too much and struggled after lunch. On the next climb @Andy in Tokyo began to feel a little sick (horse tranquilliser in those bread sticks perhaps?) so he and @saibot decided to skip the climb and opted for the newish tunnel. Myself, @Chrisisism and @GrantT continued on the Matsuhime climb. The road was blocked with barriers at the start but it took all of 2 seconds to lift the bikes over. The road was absolutely covered in about 2 inches of leaves the whole way up so we were not sure if there were any sharp rocks hiding underneath. Luckily there were no punctures. Descending the other side wasn't too bad as the road was open to cars.
We met back up with Tobias and Andy then headed down towards okutama. John continued on Ome and the rest of us climbed over a small climb towards Hanno. I said goodbye to the lads near Hanno and continued on home, alone. Great little ride.

Just a couple of selfies this time

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom