What's new

Ride Sat 21 March: The Green Line Rises

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012

A relatively short 100km ride to celebrate Gary Oldman's 57th birthday. We'll do three climbs - Takashino, Sadamine (west side) and Kasayama - and end at Ogawamachi station on the Tobu Tojo line. Lunch will be at the legendary Pizza Place, which is at the 71.4km mark on the map.

Meet at: The Spaceship @ 8am

If Friday evening's forecast shows rain for Saturday, this ride will be ANNULLED.

I might pop down and say hello. Making my return to cycling tomorrow after more than a month off. Back pain is no better, but clearly not cycling is not making it any better…. I'll only be joining for some of the river though, and If I'm not there don't wait!

Might be there, if I get to sleep at a reasonable time tonight.

Will meet you at my usual meeting spot, at 8:45am ish.

If I am not there, assume I am still banging away in MetaTrader4 like a lunatic, screaming down the phone at my poor broker, and getting irate at numbers on a screen which will never make me happy, no matter how much I manage to amass.

Everyone is coming out to play on the only Saturday I can't make it. Are you guys trying to tell me something ?

Don't worry about it @leicaman - I finally have a Saturday off because it's a national holiday. It has nothing to do with the fact you can't make it. Absolutely NOTHING at all.

It's alright, I would only be diluting the purity of the Rapha ranks anyway.

You ruffians need to get some Sunday rides lined up - I'm going for a shortish "Do my wheels explode on descents?/Does my knee implode on ascents?" ride this Sunday, but I'm looking forward to riding with you all soon. Will be fun to meet those whom I haven't, and will be grand to see those from the Samba ride again.

You know, if the lunch stop were to include a BBQ'd bacon wrapped croc munching on a chicken, with a few potatoes on the side, I might actually make it over for one of these TCC rides.

Bacrocken.jpg

It's a valid point. I think the entire meat monster should be half submerged in a giant 'pond' of melted cheese, with reeds sticking out of it made of leeks (to be healthy, obviously)

Aside from horrifying meat creations, for me, a ride should pretty much be a cross between Ghouls n' Ghosts and the end of A Tale Of Two Cities with all that entails, rather than an attempt to replicate in minute detail, the 'vision' a sports kit company had when they put a b&w filter, and then a brightness/contrast filter on a photo of some men with full sleeve tattoos and beards, drinking espressos, and 'suffering' in Photoshop and then turned the contrast up to 100.

@bawbag Let me know when you are next free and we can Turrican II it out somewhere for some Irreversible style mayhem.

@Andy in Tokyo That is a bloody good question. Amiga, would be my first answer, but apparently that was not a decent port.

Christ, I am wanting to say SNES, but I am open to suggestions.

Haha amazing. That is exactly what goes on up the rivers north of Sekiyado on my solo missions. Just needs more crows.

Back
Top Bottom