What's new

Ride Sat 20 June: The Nichitsu Ghost Town Ride

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012
nichitsujune2015.jpg

This weekend sees the return of a TCC classic. It's a pretty long one so be prepared, and decent front light is highly recommended for negotiating the tunnel at the highest point of the ride.

Some people might ride back to Ogawamachi station but it depends, like.

Last edited:
most excellent promotional materials

Looks an amazing ride.

I can't come this time but I plan to steal the GPX and do it another time.

Look forward to seeing the wealth of photos.

It sounds punishing but i think im in. Not new to cycling, but new to the TCC group. If there is beer/coffee involved at some point then im down.

@rory g might be struggling to find coffee or beer on this route. The ghost town definitely makes up for a lack of those though.
Btw, if it's beer you are after, you are probably riding with the wrong group as none of us touch the stuff while out on the bikes (although a few have been known to have a conbini beer on the train home). Where are you riding from in the morning?

@rory g I didn't mean you would slow us down. Just didn't want to get your hopes up of a coffee or beer ;)
Are you still in or have you gone back to bed?

@leicaman sorry for the late reply. I tagged along with the half-fast boys instead. I live in chiba ken- urayasu, so its about 30km to the spaceship. Not a good idea before 160km! Im definitely keen to do a smash fest with the TCC boys one day. I'd love to work up to some of these bigger rides. Cheers

Banging ride. Currently on the train home. Pretty much perfect ride actually.

I felt a bit gash this morning and still full of cold, but ganbarou'd anyway. First 60km was alright but I seemed to wake up for the rest. Probably something to do with that potent 'Energy Gym' drink I found up in Nichitsu Ghost Town. Haunted medicine.

Nice one @Andy in Tokyo @leicaman @Aron B and @Lupo

Yeah it was a great ride. I pulled off my usual trick of wrecking myself on the first climb and then having ucooperative legs for the rest. A winning formula if ever I heard one. Glad we added that final 25km or so to get to Ogawamachi, though: brought my total up to just short of 220km.

Cheers everyone!

Yeah Chichibu to Ogawamachi was cool. Was not exactly that fresh by then init. Sadamine seemed to be twice as long. Haha.

Sick pacelines too, all day long.

As others have said, great ride today. Great people (apart from Andy), great route, and the weather just about held out for us too. I was very glad to see everyone deciding to ride back to Ogawamachi. This is now the standard route. Great riding from everyone, especially @TCC who was climbing really well today (ooh, just noticed he got two KOM's on Strava...not surprising). Was nice meeting @Lupo , too.
The only bad thing was that @saibot and @Chrisisism had to pull out at the last minute this morning. Next time lads. A few selfies to follow when I get the chance to sort them out.

Back
Top Bottom