Ride Sat 19 Sept: The Megalo 238

Dec 16, 2012
Tokyo

Distance: 238km (or 185km to Ogawamachi station)
Elevation: Some
Pace: Rapier
Meet time: 7am
Meet location: The Spaceship
Route: Here

Get your block-rocking cleats ready for the Megalo 238. Lunch will probably be at the usual pizza joint just after Shiraishi. For those of you not wanting to go the whole distance, it's possible to end at Ogawamachi station at the 185km point.

saibot

Maximum Pace
May 29, 2012
Taito
Keep upping the poster game! Ace! So much nostalgia. I wanna bring a boom box with the wipeout soundtrack on this ride ( but I won't)
The rapier reference is the icing on the cake!
See you sat!

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Hang on a minute.

238km including about 4000m climbing, starting at 7am and including a full sit down in lunch in that bloody cafe that takes 90 minutes to get served? You know it gets dark at 5:45pm right?

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah good plan. Then maybe again in Kanna town, and again after the descent off the big peak in the middle, etc.

Aug 27, 2012
London, UK
www.macrophotofly.com
Glad you guys have the same trouble with service speed at The Caff. Two of us in there last Saturday lunchtime with only one other couple who were already eating their ice cream ....and we got out in just over an hour. The Pizza and ice cream was good, but I swear I could make it faster myself....

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Glad you guys have the same trouble with service speed at The Caff. Two of us in there last Saturday lunchtime with only one other couple who were already eating their ice cream ....and we got out in just over an hour. The Pizza and ice cream was good, but I swear I could make it faster myself....
I don't rate the place. It is always 'gaijin blah blah gaijin blah blah' if you listen to them in the kitchen, and there is always an atmosphere when we are in there.

Anyway, bit off topic, but there you go...

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
I don't rate the place. It is always 'gaijin blah blah gaijin blah blah' if you listen to them in the kitchen, and there is always an atmosphere when we are in there.

Anyway, bit off topic, but there you go...
What? Think that's all in your head. I think they are all a very pleasant bunch, especially the old guy. He always seems genuinely happy to see us when we walk through the door. Your hearing must be pretty amazing to hear what they talk about in the kitchens. I've never once heard them say "Gaijin". All in your head mate, all in your head.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
What? Think that's all in your head. I think they are all a very pleasant bunch, especially the old guy. He always seems genuinely happy to see us when we walk through the door. Your hearing must be pretty amazing to hear what they talk about in the kitchens. I've never once heard them say "Gaijin". All in your head mate, all in your head.
So that's it is it? Because you didn't hear this and I did, I am now mental? Well done.