What's new

Ride Sat 13th Power Hills (Shiraishi +)

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Whatever that means....

Well it means this to me, No slackin off!

The plan is leave from the start of the TT course on saiko at 6:30am, (I could be convinced to make it 7 if you have a good reason) Head to Shiraishi at a good pace (33-35) depending on the wind. Rotating the strike regularly. ie no slacking at the back all the way only to become a hero once we hit the hills.

Over monomiyama, do the little climb from the 7/11, back down to the 172 and up shiraishi. Down the goat track, (Pizza option, if i get there first i'm buying all the cinnamon rolls) back up over sadamine, scoff a Mega100mg caffine gel, back home again at pace, same rules as before. Or you can go to the train if you are soft or....well, how bout we just leave it at that.

About 165km about 1800m??
Map you say??? It will look something like this.... Hmmm! can't find a map to suit... But you get my drift right?
Of course I am open to other options if anyone has any other ideas....

I would have joined had I not been away for the whole of the three day weekend so you can order all those cinnamon rolls for yourself.
33-35kph up the river?? Don't get dropped on the way up.

Ha ha ha! I'll do my best! It may end up a solo ride, if so I will definitely be getting dropped.

I would have joined had I not been away for the whole of the three day weekend so you can order all those cinnamon rolls for yourself.
33-35kph up the river?? Don't get dropped on the way up.

Good, I'll pick on you and hopefully make you cry after which you can stab me in the ribs with a shank made out of a sharpened spoke when my back is turned. That way we can both get our jollies!

Just got back from this ride.

We did exactly what we set out to do.

No photos, as we don't want there to be any evidence of what we got up to. It got brutal.

Just got back from this ride.

We did exactly what we set out to do.

No photos, as we don't want there to be any evidence of what we got up to. It got brutal.

Sordid.
I hate working on Saturdays.

Another top but painful ride, I met @kawa at Saiko at 6:30 we headed off into a light but hindering headwind. Kept up a decent pace, The headwind slowly got stronger, and met up with Owen further up the river. We kept a consistent effort up to the last conbini before Shiraishi then we turned off onto a small but very pleasant climb, Takaaki had a time limit so he headed back and Owen and I pushed on to the top. Back down onto the road to Shiraishi, Owen dropped me on Shiraishi pretty quickly, and I kept a best time wattage for the first 3km, I knew it wasn't sustainable and I started to wain after that. Ended up with a 28:10 (304W) which was respectable for me given the ride out. 251W for 85km to the top of shiraishi.

Owens knee wasn't feeling great so we turned back from there and hammered towards home. The wind had done its usual act of switching directions so once again we had a headwind for the run down the river. Started to bonk, scoffed all my emergency pack recovered and got home with 154km at a 29km/hr average with 1350m vert.

I arrived home pretty hammered, skulled some milk and ate a tin of tuna. Huge mistake, as I then felt like puking for the next 2 hours and had to retreat to the bed... Ha ha ha! (I can laugh now)

Last night my new Assos equipe bib arrived. Was it good? sure, it fit well and was nice but I feel like I have been suckered a bit by the hype. Did I perform any better because of it? no. Was it more comfortable than my old dhb? Not overly, and well maybe I am weak minded but when you are pushing the pace who notices what they are wearing?
One neat feature of it though was the sunglasses clasp on the shoulder strap that Takaaki told me about, It was really useful at the conbini I got to unzip my shirt and slot the sunglasses in letting everyone see my glorious chest. Totally useful. Maybe they imagine that everyone will ride like the guy in the advertising material, no shirt, all stiff, with very spectacular glasses?

Good ride report, but you missed the bits where you made 3 people cry, one of whom can't go cycling anymore because the bullying was so bad they now get a stomach ache just by looking at their bike, and I stabbed a man to death, but was seen by a mute deaf boy, who was in the area at the time, and who was the only witness, and will not be able to to tell anyone what happened, until a visiting female detective from the west who has been assigned the case, for some reason, slowly befriends him and has to learn Japanese and sign language to communicate with him, and despite being shunned by the locals at first, she eventually gains their respect, and the trust of the boy, and finds out the truth, at which point I will be arrested and put on death row where I belong.

So, all in all, a good ride! Nice one lads!

Well as you know I'm trying to pretend to be good so left out that stuff.

Sorry, I forgot about that.

Everyone back on topic please.

skulled some milk and ate a tin of tuna.

tumblr_mwnf1lgVdZ1qze1jro1_1280.jpg

Yeah that was about how I felt as well!

Back
Top Bottom