What's new

Ride Sat 12th Sept-Nichitsu returns

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
The Nichitsu ride is back on the cards for tomorrow, now that this weather has sorted itself out. As a few of us have been sick recently, this is going to be a mellow ride but at 201km and around 3000 to 3500m of climbing, I wouldn't recommend it to any beginners.

Meeting time - 7am
Meeting point - Spaceship
Distance- 201km or thereabouts from the spaceship
Climbing -3000 to 3500m
Hammer- none
Fun- lots

Route - here

Take your spares that road ip to the tunnel is going to be a mess!!!

Reactions: TCC
Is there a theme for the video this time? You need that shaky 360* doodaa that @saibot recently used and do a Blair Witch meets Rapha promo in the abandoned town.

Ha, that was fucking excellent.

You have stepped up your video game loads mate.

Superb work.

Very nice ride yesterday. I've barely done any exercise over the last month due to my lovely bronchitis but it was good to get a reasonably longish ride in. My body gave up just after the start of the last climb so I was happy that it held out as long as it did. On that last climb, one minute I was chugging along at around 15-16kph, then suddenly 8kph. I couldn't get a full breath and it was disheartening to see @Lupo firing into the distance but I suppose you've got to listen to your body and give it time to rest when it needs it. Great riding with the usual suspects @Andy in Tokyo , @saibot @Chrisisism and a welcome return to big daddy @Aron B . It was also very nice that @Lupo found us near Tokigawa. The last descent back to Chichibu was amazing (the last video that @Andy in Tokyo posted). 35km back to Chichibu, sitting on @Lupo 's wheel was just what my body needed after my lungs and soul were left up in Nichitsu. Boy can that man ride the flats. I don't think we dropped below 47kph the whole way back (apart from the two little climbs we had to do). Thanks for the pull. And sorry we lost each other on the train home. I was in the back carriage. Looking forward to the next one. Selfies to follow shortly.

Last edited:
A fantastic road, strong riders, great friends. The videos and pics say it all, cannot say more. The last 35Km to Chichibu were amazingly all-out, so fun. Thanks for the great organization. See you again soon!

Back
Top Bottom