What's new

Ride Sat 12th Sep - Ome Temple Loop

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Deej will be leading this ride, a 90-km loop starting and finishing in Ome with about 2,000 metres of climbing in-between. Lots of steep segments for grinding in the small ring, plus temples? Sounds great! There are lockers at Ome station for stashing stuff, plus I plan to ride back to Setagaya-ku from Ome via some rivers so anyone that wants to add some distance onto the end of their ride is welcome to join me.
Climbs will be WATT within reason. Best to turn up with climbing legs at the ready (don't expect to find them on the way).
Provisional meeting time is 8 am at Ome station.
Register interest by posting below!
Like Deej says:
It gets a bit steep in places...

7460485550_d218fb7fee_z.jpg
Route

Last edited:
Apologies for being a completely useless newbie but I would like to join this ride but have not been in town long enough to work things out too well, and I do not yet speak or read any Japanese. I am coming from Minato so if anyone else is coming from vaguely in that direction it would be great to be shown the ropes to get to the starting point. It looks like I probably need a train from Shinjuku station so maybe I could meet there?

Cheers,
Tor

Hi Tor,
I'll be changing at Shinjuku so can meet you there.
Will PM you via a conversation.

Another completely useless newbie who'd like to join you guys. If I'm not a mess then my bike will be (just put it together and went for a ride today), so when it's my time to get dropped I shall accept it with a minimum of tears and recriminations.

Traveling out on the Tozai & Chuo lines.

Actually wait... the just-announced Nichitsu ride is much, much easier for me to get to. It's a monster but I think I will turn up to that one and see how far I can hang.

Actually wait... the just-announced Nichitsu ride is much, much easier for me to get to. It's a monster but I think I will turn up to that one and see how far I can hang.

Easier for you to get to but 200km and over 3,500m of up...

@koya_hijiri There's a direct train to Ome from Shinjuku, leaves at 6:46 from platform 11 if that helps. I'll be in the back of it.

Me too I think. With a fair pace behind us, I should be fine to get home by 3ish and be away to the inlaws in good time...

@koya_hijiri I live in Kiba on the Tozai line and find it much easier to ride to Tokyo station about 5k and take the Ome line from there. As the train starts in Tokyo, you will have a seat all the way and can properly store your bike.

@xDOMx too true, my friend. I think this may be the right ride for me after all. I'll atone for my flakiness with a long pull or two once we get on the road, haha.

@GrantT @TimeTraveler thanks for the shouts. I live near Waseda so it's very easy to get to Shinjuku. See you on the train.

Really looking forward to this, even if my thighs are still sore from doing The Sufferfest's Nine Hammers workout on the rollers yesterday.

This is a spectacular route -- scenic and quite challenging. And it will be nice to see some new faces out there, too!

Deej

@xDOMx I have been to a social event that involved drinking until 1:00AM. I do not think that I will be able to make this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom