What's new

Ride Sat- 11th Jul - Nihongi

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

Gonna be heading out tomorrow for ann easy ride in the Saitama mountains.
Route will probably be this. Might ride home or get the train from Ogawamachi (depending on how I feel).

Meet time 7:30
Meet place- The Spaceship
Distance - about 115km to Ogawamachi or 175km return trip
Climbing - about 2000m

Please note, this is going to be a very leisurely ride. No hammers to be seen, and certainly no festering ;)

Last edited:
This looks like right kind of attitude for my current abilities. Although I may bale early depending on how my back feels. Train…. hmmm another maybe.
I guess with this strange and rare sunshine stuff it is now the 2 water bottle riding season.

Good ride that, cheers!

Perfect weather up the top of the mountains. Got a bit (a lot) hot down the bottom in the mid afternoon.

No fashion-crashes, or anything like that.

My shoulder is absolutely CANING from the crash I had now though...

Some selfies (more to come no doubt)

Offical drink of TCC...

^ I heard there are plans for a vanilla version of that Lemongina.

Due to be released later in the year, and apparently they've decided on the name Va*&$@.

Should be a nice drop.

If you can't see the difference between high end designer cycling clothing, and unnecessarily clashing bar tape on a brand new bike, then there is no hope for you.

Very nice little outing yesterday. I'm still feeling the after effects of my run the previous weekend so I took it very easy . Was really nice chilling out with @theBlob on the climbs. He is still struggling with an injury but still managed to get himself up some big climbs and down to Ogawamachi.
The rest of us rode home (well, @saibot made it to Kawagoe before succumbing to the heat. Those northern Swedish boys don't do too well in the Japanese summer heat). The headwind back down the river wasn't very welcome but I guess it is to be expected. A few selfies to follow shortly.

It was a great ride, thanks for the company on the climbs Mark. I was suffering, and unwilling to push too hard. Still, laughs were had and the day was magnificent. The greenline spectacular as always. My apologies for slowing the group as much as I did. i really have a long way to go to regain my form of last year. And unfortunately have no idea as to when I might even be able to effectively start.

It was a great ride, thanks for the company on the climbs Mark. I was suffering, and unwilling to push too hard. Still, laughs were had and the day was magnificent. The greenline spectacular as always. My apologies for slowing the group as much as I did. i really have a long way to go to regain my form of last year. And unfortunately have no idea as to when I might even be able to effectively start.

I found a good website about training tips and stuff, that might help you.

Check it out here

Keep at it mate. Good to hear that you managed a ride of this length.

Back
Top Bottom