What's new

Half Fast Sarah Outen presentation

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Next Wednesday, 11th January, is our monthly meeting at the Pink Cow in Shibuya. This should be a really good one. Our guest speaker will be Sarah Outen MBE FRGS.

Sarah is a young British adventurer making her way around the world by bicycle, kayak and rowing boat. No motors or sails - just human power. London to London - via the world! She is in Japan for a few months, having cycled and paddled here from London. Sarah will give a presentation about her trip so far, and about what's to come. A few of us have already met her, as I blogged about earlier. She's a very entertaining speaker, presenter, and gin-drinker. But she's also looking forward to meeting YOU to ask for advice and possibly some help with the rest of her amazing journey. Be there if you can!

See here: http://www.sarahouten.com/

We'll gather from 19.00 at the Pink Cow. Presentation from 20.30 or so. Lots of good food, drinks and chat in the meantime.

I can maybe to 8:30PM is if my wife will stand in for me at the L shop, I'd love to meet Sarah.

Ample bicycle parking nearby?
:D

Will not be able to attend, but it certainly sounds great. Guest of honour, or what!

Couple of questions, if I may.

-Will you be filming the evening? Would be really good to see her presentation.

-If she is planning to field questions, would there be any way to pose them by proxy?

Anyway, sounds good.

Cheers

-Will you be filming the evening? Would be really good to see her presentation.
I know that the Pink Cow has a video camera set up and occasionally does webcasts at http://www.ustream.tv/thepinkcow Would that be any good? Or Skype?

-If she is planning to field questions, would there be any way to pose them by proxy?
Sure. Let me know and I can pose them or you. (If I don't get too drunk and forget...)

With a little luck we will also have the GS Astuto Original Officially-Half-Fast Rasta Bike available for drooling over. My new steeeeed!

Well any recorded method is cool. Would be good to have it saved for posterity. Not everyday a world traveller turns up! Skyp could be great too. I could set up a recorder an do the nerd work for you...

And that rasta bike is yours??? That thing is going to fly. Full review once ridden, if you could!

I'll show up a little early and help Tracy setup the feed. Maybe bring my 'good camera' as well, so we can record it properly. @ Owen - Mike's bike is the 'Reverse Rasta' , or more precise the 'International Standard of Right of Ways Notifications and Bureau of Standards Lighting Frame' . So, effectively we are prepared for an 'Alternate Mike Sims' traveling from the 5th dimension to join in on any HFC riding equipped with the proper equipment. And the colour scheme <should> prevent a heads on collision, which anyone knows, would result in the termination of the universe as we know it.

What a great night!!!! Thanks Mike for planning and organizing this!
I got a lot of energy and learned '' there is nothing impossible'' from her. She inspired me:weight:
HOWEVER I don't think I will travel across the world by bike though:warau:

Naomi:)

Welcome! As predicted, it was very interesting and inspiring, although my arm got tired holding Tim's video camera and drinking at the same time.

Great to see such a mix of old and new friends.

If any of you folks would like to do a presentation at a future Pink Cow Bike Night, about anything vaguely cycling-related, please let me know. We're always interested to see and hear new things.

Thanks for organizing this, Mike. Sarah is a great speaker and her story is very inspiring! Even under the hard circumstances she always seemed to have a smile!

If any of you folks would like to do a presentation at a future Pink Cow Bike Night, about anything vaguely cycling-related, please let me know. We're always interested to see and hear new things.

Tim you should do a live pig fat embrocation cook up and application event:D

Sorry I missed this...

I've been following your trip on and off for a while.

Sarah, you have real courage. Wish I wasn't glued to my bloody armchair...

All the very best! People like you help people like me feel adventurous. Respect and admiration.:thumb:

I watched the whole presentation video last night.

Very enjoyable.

Thanks for recording and hosting it, whomever was responsible.

Cheers

Awesome presentation and what a journey! I was seriously impressed.

Half-Fast Mike is, I think, going to organise a ride down to Sarah's base in Miura to meet her and see her ocean-going boat sometime soon.
Mike, please keep us TCCers up to date on your plans for this ride.

AW.

Back
Top Bottom