Half Fast Sarah Outen presentation

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Next Wednesday, 11th January, is our monthly meeting at the Pink Cow in Shibuya. This should be a really good one. Our guest speaker will be Sarah Outen MBE FRGS.

Sarah is a young British adventurer making her way around the world by bicycle, kayak and rowing boat. No motors or sails - just human power. London to London - via the world! She is in Japan for a few months, having cycled and paddled here from London. Sarah will give a presentation about her trip so far, and about what's to come. A few of us have already met her, as I blogged about earlier. She's a very entertaining speaker, presenter, and gin-drinker. But she's also looking forward to meeting YOU to ask for advice and possibly some help with the rest of her amazing journey. Be there if you can!

See here: http://www.sarahouten.com/

We'll gather from 19.00 at the Pink Cow. Presentation from 20.30 or so. Lots of good food, drinks and chat in the meantime.

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
I can maybe to 8:30PM is if my wife will stand in for me at the L shop, I'd love to meet Sarah.

Ample bicycle parking nearby?
:D

Sep 2, 2009
Will not be able to attend, but it certainly sounds great. Guest of honour, or what!

Couple of questions, if I may.

-Will you be filming the evening? Would be really good to see her presentation.

-If she is planning to field questions, would there be any way to pose them by proxy?

Anyway, sounds good.

Cheers

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
-Will you be filming the evening? Would be really good to see her presentation.
I know that the Pink Cow has a video camera set up and occasionally does webcasts at http://www.ustream.tv/thepinkcow Would that be any good? Or Skype?

-If she is planning to field questions, would there be any way to pose them by proxy?
Sure. Let me know and I can pose them or you. (If I don't get too drunk and forget...)

With a little luck we will also have the GS Astuto Original Officially-Half-Fast Rasta Bike available for drooling over. My new steeeeed!

Sep 2, 2009
Well any recorded method is cool. Would be good to have it saved for posterity. Not everyday a world traveller turns up! Skyp could be great too. I could set up a recorder an do the nerd work for you...

And that rasta bike is yours??? That thing is going to fly. Full review once ridden, if you could!

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
I'll show up a little early and help Tracy setup the feed. Maybe bring my 'good camera' as well, so we can record it properly. @ Owen - Mike's bike is the 'Reverse Rasta' , or more precise the 'International Standard of Right of Ways Notifications and Bureau of Standards Lighting Frame' . So, effectively we are prepared for an 'Alternate Mike Sims' traveling from the 5th dimension to join in on any HFC riding equipped with the proper equipment. And the colour scheme <should> prevent a heads on collision, which anyone knows, would result in the termination of the universe as we know it.

Naomi

Maximum Pace
Apr 20, 2007
Tokyo
What a great night!!!! Thanks Mike for planning and organizing this!
I got a lot of energy and learned '' there is nothing impossible'' from her. She inspired me:weight:
HOWEVER I don't think I will travel across the world by bike though:warau:

Naomi:)

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Welcome! As predicted, it was very interesting and inspiring, although my arm got tired holding Tim's video camera and drinking at the same time.

Great to see such a mix of old and new friends.

If any of you folks would like to do a presentation at a future Pink Cow Bike Night, about anything vaguely cycling-related, please let me know. We're always interested to see and hear new things.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
If any of you folks would like to do a presentation at a future Pink Cow Bike Night, about anything vaguely cycling-related, please let me know. We're always interested to see and hear new things.
Tim you should do a live pig fat embrocation cook up and application event:D

Aug 17, 2007
Yotsuya, Tokyo
Sorry I missed this...

I've been following your trip on and off for a while.

Sarah, you have real courage. Wish I wasn't glued to my bloody armchair...

All the very best! People like you help people like me feel adventurous. Respect and admiration.:thumb:

Sep 2, 2009
I watched the whole presentation video last night.

Very enjoyable.

Thanks for recording and hosting it, whomever was responsible.

Cheers

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
Awesome presentation and what a journey! I was seriously impressed.

Half-Fast Mike is, I think, going to organise a ride down to Sarah's base in Miura to meet her and see her ocean-going boat sometime soon.
Mike, please keep us TCCers up to date on your plans for this ride.

AW.