What's new

Saiko JCRC Race - Nov 13

C is ok by me.... Just means another bag of goodies in my next race! LOL
Really, there are not enough JCRC races within a reasonable distance for me to get there to have much of an influence on my season. My team focus is on JBCF, so I go along with that.

Tim,

S class is E1-E2 level not E3.

I would ask to get promoted to A class first, it is the same distance and the level is pretty high however if you finish in the top 6 they will ask if you want to be promoted to S class.

If you are constantly finishing in the top 20 of an A class race then you know you'll be able to hang in S-class. Better to get promoted in to a class you can actually race in rather than just another rider or constantly paying for DNF's and trust me there are a lot of those in S-class especailly when you get to Shuzenji and Gunma

If you finish in the top 3 of an A class then you know for sure you should be in S.

James, thanks...
Good advice.
I've only been back in the saddle for 17 months, so know where I fit initially is good!
TK

Well they just put up the results for Saiko and it looks like I have been placed in C class! I'm not sure if I should be glad or worried. Im not an expirienced racer and I don't want to get dropped in all my races next season!!!
http://www.jcrc-net.jp/2011k/kekka11/1111/k1111fx1.html

Eric, I think you will be fine, especially if you keep training and train the right way. If you want to get quickly to S, it is good you can start in C. Otherwise I would have said working yourself through the classes is actually fun, because you'll have more races that you can win/be among the first six.

The way they classified the X class riders is quite curious. The other X class was slower than yours, so nobody got into C. But of course the speed is not set by a single person, so many riders would have been faster if only they had been in your class. Clearly you deserve the C because you actually did a lot of pulling and contributed to the higher speed. But surely not many of the others...

I seem to be without classification after Gunnar crashed. But then I'm not sure I will be able to race again any time soon, so it doesn't really matter.

Tim.... to be honest if you are in B then I wouldn't bother asking for a promotion. Just race your way to the top now as it will give you a much better idea of the standard and pace.

In any case, I doubt they would give Tim a promotion. Andy can race straight in S because of his qualifications through JBCF etc. That must be exceptional.

X1 was actually full of old JCRC members making comebacks etc.
X2 was full of new riders.

X1 was probably a safer race and more controlled, hence the slower average speed. The sprint however may have been a lot smarter...

Congratulations Eric.... get to A or B as soon as possible as they will be safer than C.

Good luck!

If you have achieved JBCF/JCF; JPT or E1 status they will let you race S-class.

Thanks... All good stuff!
Will be racing as much as I can next year! Really enjoying after the initial frustration... Haha

Hope to hang out and share stories after the races then Tim!

Should arrange to stay at the same locations as we can offer each other logistics and support at the races.

I seem to be without classification after Gunnar crashed. But then I'm not sure I will be able to race again any time soon, so it doesn't really matter.

Sorry again for crashing under your name. But at least it wasn't on your bike (or your wheels, eh Tim:rolleyes:) And image if I had actually finished in the top 6 and you would make your comeback in A class.

Continuous wishes towards a speedy recovery!

No worries, Gunnar - the main thing is you survived the crash in good health and with relatively small damage to your bike.

I think they can't tell from the results whether you crashed or whether you were just slow, so if they try to de-class me (or anyone else wanting to race again in my name), I will remind them of what happened.

Ludwig -- I thought that anyone who did not have a classification listed on the final results (for B class, either an "A" at the top of the list or "X" at the bottom of the list, or a "B" for some small portion of the people in the middle -- who may be first timers racing in the "B" class heat who are now officially placed there?) must just stay in B class? If so, aren't you still in B class if and when you race next year?

http://www.jcrc-net.jp/2011k/kekka11/1111/k1111sb1.html

Likewise for me in my C class heat -- they do not show any classification next to me or most others who finished neither in the top nor bottom 6, but we must still be in "C" class?

Back
Top Bottom