What's new

Saiko JCRC Race - Nov 13

Gunnar, the results are up and I noticed you walked into the finish, and even though this took you ten minutes, you made within the cut off and therefore were not DNFed. Same for a few others that went down with you.

Well, we were like the Zombie army, slouching towards the goal. I with my rd dangling of the chain, the man next to me, with a broken lever. It felt horrible, but there was nothing else to do.

Speaking about making your way up the classes, don't you get one-upped into a higher class when you make the top6 in a race?

Speaking about making your way up the classes, don't you get one-upped into a higher class when you make the top6 in a race?

Correct. Sorry, this is what I mean by winning - i.e. making podium. A rather broad definition of winning.

I did win one of the three C class races...
Quite like the course, but it is def a sprinters course. Difficult to go away because of the wind bounding around the lake.
Just needed to stay close to the front to keep out of trouble, and to try to control the race speed.
This was my first JCRC event.... no idea where this puts me! Hahaha

I did win one of the three C class races...
Quite like the course, but it is def a sprinters course. Difficult to go away because of the wind bounding around the lake.
Just needed to stay close to the front to keep out of trouble, and to try to control the race speed.
This was my first JCRC event.... no idea where this puts me! Hahaha

Probably disqualified for raising your arm!!!! :eek:uch:

Congrats on the win!!!

I should have been in C but due to lack of attendance have been demoted back to X to start again.

Congratulations, Tim.
Yes, you should be up in B Class.
They are still showing "provisional" results on the JCRC site.
http://www.jcrc-net.jp/2011k/kekka11/1111/s1111c1.html

They should post "confirmed" results (kakutei ban) soon, which, absent surprises, should show the top 6 in each of the C-class heats being moved up to B Class. (Last year they did make adjustments to the placements for the C Class heat that included lots of new riders and which did not go fast enough to satisfy the race judges ... especially taking into account that it had lots of younger, potentially faster guys ... so they wreaked vengeance and adjusted the placements, if I remember correctly, and posted a lengthy explanation. If I had ridden in that heat, I would have ended up in D or E ... ).

The Gunma results already have the "kakutei ban" listed and show the top six as moving up.

http://www.jcrc-net.jp/2011k/kekka11/1109/s1109.html

Saiko should be posted soon.

Don't really know the jcrc sysytem, so where does a win leave me???

Congrats for the win!
How did you got into C-Class in the first place?

Got a warning for the arm, but it was worth it... I did think about both arms!

Yeah I got a warning also for the "One Arm" salute..... bloody annoying especailly after all the work and "LACK" of other riders.

Yep you will go to B class, unless they penalize you for the raised arm.... which I don't think they will as they only gave you a warning.

David, last year as well as this year, they put a lot of completely new riders into the C classes, esp. one of them. Tim was one of them himself. If you win your class, you make it to B, and if you are very closes up, you can stay in C, but anyone else doesn't deserve to stay there because they should have really worked their way up just as everyone who had to start in X. Eric for example will end up in E even though he was only 2 seconds behind the winner in his race. So it wouldn't be fair to let those who ended up in C even though they were X to get into D or C so easily. I think this is the explanation, and it makes sense to me.

Oh yes, and somebody like you falls in between, because you are not new at all, though you were first time in C without "qualifying" by winning your way the ranks up. So they were more lenient towards you.

Just ant to quantify Ludwig's comments slightly.
I applied for C class based upon thoughts from a number of sources, and provided a small resume of the past 12 months.. I've also had 4 other wins in more local events in Aichi and Gifu this year. I am far away from being new to racing! Just took a few years break (Actually 20 because of woman trouble... meaning I had one)
Other points...
1. The course is ideal for sprinters... Few races are going to end with a break staying away. Windy, and more experienced sprinters will just jump on the back of anything that goes away throughout the race. I did numerous times, and made sure that the break came back into the main field. :bike:

2. If you are in the top 5 at the top of the last rise, and you slap it into a 53x12, you will win. My point is that I won because the guys around me were under-geared by the end of the finishing straight, and had no time to change up.

Last point... stay in the top 5-8... some of the riders are simply crap at basic bike handling. there are spots where crashes may happen!

Cheese
TK
PS.. Ludwig... the advice was very useful. That's why I stayed out of trouble.

David, last year as well as this year, they put a lot of completely new riders into the C classes, esp. one of them. Tim was one of them himself. If you win your class, you make it to B, and if you are very closes up, you can stay in C, but anyone else doesn't deserve to stay there because they should have really worked their way up just as everyone who had to start in X. Eric for example will end up in E even though he was only 2 seconds behind the winner in his race. So it wouldn't be fair to let those who ended up in C even though they were X to get into D or C so easily. I think this is the explanation, and it makes sense to me.

Oh yes, and somebody like you falls in between, because you are not new at all, though you were first time in C without "qualifying" by winning your way the ranks up. So they were more lenient towards you.

Hi Ludwig. Hope your back is getting better.

Last year, I think you were the one who directed me to the note the organizers posted with the results that they "disqualified" the entire C3 heat (full of newbies) because the heat went slower than expected, even though it was almost the same speed as our C2 heat. And everyone in C2 stayed in C class because they were all within the "110% rule"? ... so sorry if I did not get the details quite right.

The note is still accessible on the JCRC site for anyone who wants to see its explanation,. I found it more bizarre than Ludwig's attempt to make it sensible:

http://www.jcrc-net.jp/2010k/kekka10/1011/s1011.html

Maybe next year if I work toward this kind of racing, I can actually be competitive at the end of these races ... but I'm wouldn't hold your breath.

I must admit that I didn't really take this race very seriously at all, and used for training and experience, more than anything. Still, it was a nice course, and it did suit me!

Certainly, the standard against JBCF E3/E2 racing was considerably lower. Probably due to the number of beginners in the race.

I am a sprinter ONLY, and I will sit behind you all day until the final 200 meters... it's not negative racing, it is just using my strengths, and I have to do that being close to 50 years old! I never got closer than the top 3 to the front!

note the organizers posted with the results that they "disqualified" the entire C3 heat (full of newbies) because the heat went slower than expected, even though it was almost the same speed as our C2 heat. And everyone in C2 stayed in C class because they were all within the "110% rule"?

Well, nobody was disqualified - everyone who road in C3 (and they were all newbies or returnees) was classified somewhere into F to C, depending on how well they did). They explain that this is only fair against those who worked their way up, and provide a few examples to support their argument like speed. (If I had been them, I would have not even done that, as it just confuses.)

You were lucky in that they had so many newbies and returnees that they put you into C2 and so their decision did not affect you - though one may argue this is not quite fair.

Now thinking about this, Tim will probably end up being classified as C rather than B, if last year sets a precedence.

I must admit that I didn't really take this race very seriously at all, and used for training and experience, more than anything. Still, it was a nice course, and it did suit me!

Certainly, the standard against JBCF E3/E2 racing was considerably lower. Probably due to the number of beginners in the race.

I am a sprinter ONLY, and I will sit behind you all day until the final 200 meters... it's not negative racing, it is just using my strengths, and I have to do that being close to 50 years old! I never got closer than the top 3 to the front!

Close to 50. check.
sprinter. check.
final 200 meters. check.

My kind of cyclist.
I know whose wheel to sit on if I ever get a chance to race with you!!!
:cool:

C is ok by me.... Just means another bag of goodies in my next race! LOL
Really, there are not enough JCRC races within a reasonable distance for me to get there to have much of an influence on my season. My team focus is on JBCF, so I go along with that.

Tim,

If you want to ride a similar standard to JBCF E class, just ask to ride in the S class. I've only rode the JCRC twice (at Gunma this year and last) and they let me ride it.

You are still young approaching 50. My friend Murayama san was 7 seconds off the top guy in S class. He's 52 years young. One of the best climbers in his prime and still going strong. In road races he doesn't really draft because his hands' position (on the top next to the stem) means he can't reach the brakes quick enough. He said he sat up at the end because he didn't want to risk it in the sprint....

Congratulations on the win!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Andy... Thanks for this!
I will apply for the S class at Yokkaichi, and see what happens! I'll probably get blown out of the back, always up for the challenge.
Cheers TK

Well they just put up the results for Saiko and it looks like I have been placed in C class! I'm not sure if I should be glad or worried. Im not an expirienced racer and I don't want to get dropped in all my races next season!!!
http://www.jcrc-net.jp/2011k/kekka11/1111/k1111fx1.html

Back
Top Bottom