What's new

Saddle Trade Thread

James (FE) is a certified cycling coach and may be able to help you there.

J-Works,

Yep Im a coach and im more than happy to have you come over for 2 hours and go over your technique - probably suggest you see chuck first to get fitted and then I can work with you. Chuck fitted me, so that tells you how good he is!

The reason you should get fitted first is so that we aren't working from a bad foundation - your fitt can play merry havoc with pedal technique so we loose all those problems first then work on reeducating your muscle memory.

James,

As soon as I'm able to I'll contact Chuck, and then you will be next.

Cheers,
Josh

Josh, dido on what James said. Chuck fitted me as well and I feel much more comfortable in the saddle and can go longer distances without the nagging back and shoulder aches I had to endure previously!

He also gave me advice on maximizing my pedaling stroke to boot! Great work, well worth the investment!

Josh, dido on what James said. Chuck fitted me as well and I feel much more comfortable in the saddle and can go longer distances without the nagging back and shoulder aches I had to endure previously!

He also gave me advice on maximizing my pedaling stroke to boot! Great work, well worth the investment!

Thanks for the first hand feed back Kevin, I have been meaning to do this since I got my Tarmac but never saw it through. I will likely take care of that as soon as I can.

Had two solid rides on the Zoncolan. (Thanks Patrick!) It's SOLD since I also 'bruised it' catching a shoe on my front wheel yesterday and crashing 2x. 30% grade will do that sometimes. So - anyway, I put this saddle through my torture test (flats, descents, climbs) and while not the most cushy saddle I've ridden, it is very solid and does nothing bad - and in particular I don't feel any 'hot spots' that I did with the Fizik's. I think for long (200km+) rides I'd probably look for something with a little more lateral support and more flex or cushion. But for multi-purpose riding and especially climbing, this saddle really fits the bill for me.

Back
Top Bottom