Saddle Rash help

Morton

Warming-Up
Apr 14, 2011
Niigata
Nightmare.

So last week I was really foolish and thinking I had basically recovered I went out for a couple of hours. The rash came back with a vengence. I can cope with this as I have done over the last 5 months. But things have taken a slight turn.

Had a shower this morning before going to the gym. Noticed a slightly painful lump just above my groin on both sides. The left is bigger and more painful. Immediately thought hernia, went to the doctor and was told it is probably bacteria in my lymph nodes. Doctor felt that this is probably connected to my rash and told me to go see the skin doctor again.

He's closed today so I will go tomorrow. Now terrifying myself by doing online "research" about my potential condition.

If only I'd never rode last week. I feel like someone with a bad hangover saying "I'll never drink again" but I would make a pack with God/Thor/whoever never to ride again just to be over this.

(at least until the first sunny day in Spring)

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
Morton,

I think its time to start seeing a different doctor. I have some contacts at Niigata National Hospital in Kashiwazaki who may be able to advise you. I'm away now for a couple of weeks, but let me know if you want to start looking elswhere.

Also, in the longterm, its worth visiting Enosan again to check over your bike fit and position.

Hope it clears up soon,

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Morton

Warming-Up
Apr 14, 2011
Niigata
Cheers.

Might have to, but hopefully won't have to take you up on the doctor introduction.

I'd like to visit Eno-san again. This whole episode has made me want a new saddle at least, maybe even a new bike an I'd like to take advantage of getting a proper fitting.

Enjoy your break. It's only Disneyland for me.

Morton

Warming-Up
Apr 14, 2011
Niigata
An update.

So I went out last Sunday, first time in ages. Seemed ok. Next day pretty bad rash but no itching or spots but as I say it looked bad and was spread over a large area. Was sure I'd have to stay off the bike till next year. Kept putting on the cream the doctor gave me and by the end of the week things had calmed down. No plans to cycle today but the weather was nice and my rash had gone so went out for 5 hours and I think I'm better place than last week. Going back to the doctor on the 25th. She seems to think I can ride but will have to keep putting on cream till about August.

There is, eventually, light at the end of the rainbow and a pot of gold at the end of the tunnel. Just took some time and I've learned never to self-medicate again.