What's new

rule #12 (n + 1) < (s -1) = still married

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
My wife is awesome!

Usually several bikes are in my office and others are scattered around the apartment. I cleaned my office yesterday and just stacked the bikes behind the couch in the living room...

I still have not bought a rack and wife has yet to complain.

533681_10151227463522808_1012309420_n.jpg

I mentioned on Monday that it would be really nice to have a lugged steel road bike with a tall head tube for just general scooting around and silliness. She did not look amused, however she did not say no.

Apparently Bloaker is bringing Frau Bloaker to the Pink Cow tonight. I will let interested parties know whether she has a pulse and/or is in a persistent vegetative state. There must be some medical explanation for this aberrant phenomenon.

I have warned her of the impending interrogation.
You may find she is just.... well... sweet. :angel:

You should posit the notion of getting a decent camera to her as well

I'll second that!

:)

On a similar note, I think I had a dozen+ guitars at one point (most in my office), tho that number is down now.

So is that a Fender USA strat or something else? (I'm guessing not--I've never seen that green)

Whether or not it's because of that photo, my brain is turning to mush. I have real trouble matching each near end of a bike to a far end. I suspect the presence of a trike.

I mentioned on Monday that it would be really nice to have a lugged steel road bike with a tall head tube for just general scooting around and silliness. She did not look amused, however she did not say no.

I say yes. I bought just such a bike perhaps two months ago, and love it. Well, the head tube (and the seat tube) could be 3cm taller, but it's enormous fun all the same. I have little experience and am easy to please; that's probably the reason why a thirty-year-old bike for 32,000 yen fitted the bill. Multiply that figure by five for a bike suitable for yourself.

I find the most "artistic" lugwork, with curly pointy bits, oddly repellent. I'll plump instead for art deco from Maebashi. It's a track bike and thus not exactly what you're looking for, but anyway look at this Reminton.

Enjoy your evening, all!

To each his own...

For the most recent bike I went cheap (an off-the-shelf reynolds 725), but besides a GSAstuto Ti frame, I also considered going classic--something like a Bob Jackson nervex lugged custom steel. (which would've been as much or more than the Ti)

For the most recent bike I went cheap (an off-the-shelf reynolds 725)

So, um, 725 is one up from 525, which superseded 531. And the frame of my more expensive bike is an off-the-shelf 531. So that makes me cheaper than cheaper than cheap. You really know how to hurt a guy's feelings (sob); perhaps I'll recover if I pimp the bike a little:

hisyoumaru.04.jpg

Sorry, microcord, my first good bike, a ten-speed (that's five on the back and two on the front), was a peugeot py-10, 531 everywhere, one of the earliest bikes with clinchers. One of these days I'll dig out some pics--large flange hubs, and tied spokes (probably 32).

It had downtube shifters, which I also chose for my latest bike, so I went for some nostalgia there. That's been fine, but come spring, I might swap that for something more modern.

Maybe.

It's modern steel (725 is weld-able w/no lugs, and the down tube is fatter than traditional steels), so traditional steel people might sneer.

But I've only got a few years of cycling left in me, so I'm not too worried about historical accuracy.

John D.

Hahahaha my wife recently left me a message on FB about the amount of bikes I have N+1 is getting closer I think but not there yet!

Nope, not a trike in there - but a decent mix of odds and ends.

Salsa Fargo - Mine (bagger)
Salsa Vaya - hers (bagger)
Soma Groove MTB - Mine
Specialized Stump Jumper - hers
Scott CX Team - Mine
Motebecane Mixte - Hers
Trek 2.1 - Mine

As for steel frames, I have had my share of 525, 731, 853, Tange Prestige, Columbus, and most recently Kung Fu CroMoly (Salsa's latest pitch).

Aluminum I have has 7005 & 6061

Individual Pics - for the visually impaired ;)

The wife's Mixte.
IMG_0240.jpg

Wife & MTB
24482_351036097807_5956672_n.jpg

Wife's Salsa
335150_10150534351007808_1566289814_o.jpg

My bikes.
IMG_1202.jpg

My Salsa
421215_10151162915822808_1091497616_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom