What's new

Roller noise and Japenese apartments...

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
Hi guys, I was looking into buying some rollers since there's six feet of snow outside (only a slight exaggeration), and I haven't been able to ride for months now, but I'm fairly certain my apartment is wooden, and apparently rollers are a no-go for wooden apartments.

OTOH, I don't have any neighbors directly below me, and I think the guy next to me is almost never there. However, my supervisor advised me not to do anything that would disturb neighbors (and 'not to do it at night,' lol), and that for the record, treadmills were NG.

Any advice? I imagine a rubber mat would help but the floor directly below me seems to be hollow hardwood, POSSIBLY over concrete but I'm not sure. I figure I could do it in the hallway or veranda, which are concrete, but that's cold and there's no TV. hehe.

I guess I should try borrowing a set.

Do it on the veranda. After 10 mins you'll be down to short sleeves I guarantee you. If you have decent enough music and a structured workout, you shouldn't need a TV.

If you ride the rollers after 7 in the morning and before 9 at night, the neighbours should be okay.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

I also got my Tacx Satori trainer recently and start my winter indoor basic training. The possible noise also my concern.

It is not super noisy, it will have "wowowowowoowowow" sound keep running out during the ride.

I am thinking if the mat really be able to reduce the noise, especially downward. If that is really possible I may get some household mat to try first.

Back
Top Bottom