What's new

Road rage!

What happened

I want to know if the driver was arrest for assault consumated by a battery. Did he go to jail? Did the cyclist mouth off at the driver earlier and this was just the result of that? Will we ever know "the rest of the story"?

I don't think I should watch this, as I am Mr.Road-Rage myself (on my bike, of course!), at the moment, but I am going to anyway...

Unbelievable!

Perhaps the penalty for clear and deliberate acts of road rage ought to be automatic suspension of license for the duration of prosecution and trial, followed by a five-year suspension if prosecuted?

Having said that, there needs to be a paradigm shift in thinking on both sides - drivers and cyclists. No-one's an angel all of the time, and I'm guilty of little outrages on the bike and behind the wheel. In Tokyo, I've seen drivers do outrageous things to cyclists, but mostly out of ignorance or sheer stupidity. In other words, these are not premeditated acts of aggression. And I've seen prats on bikes cycling against on-coming traffic or running through red lights, oblivious or apathetic of the rules of the road.

But, this video shows something more than these incidents of bloody-mindedness: It clearly shows an individual resorting to physical violence to assuage his frustration or re-establish his Alpha male status. If nothing else, the man - if they can find him - ought to be forced into anger-management therapy. If that's his typical attitude to a minor inconvenience on the road, then God help his wife, girlfriend or children - if he has any.

Ha.

Just watched it.

My observations;

- Typical wide-boy in a wicked-sick car with penis/coke rage.
- Very good that the people standing around all got involved, repeating the reg. plate to remember it, and all got on their phones calling the police; when the hell would that ever happen in Japan. Yep, that's right! NEVER.
- The punch was shite. Went right round the back of his head and probably just rattled the poor bloke on the mild receiving end. Still can't have been nice though.
- The whole thing was basically funny, and the fact that it was filmed is going to land him with a fine, etc.

I once had a slow (compared to road bikes) head-on, on my BMX on Division Street in Sheffield with a gaylord like this (not my fault). As I was laying on the floor and the sun-tanned bellend attempted to give me what-for, the entire of the NSF crew were walking across Devonshire green with their bikes to get a pizza. I never saw what happened, but I heard some horrible, horrible smacking sounds.

Disgusting. One of the heading said he got a 400 pound fine. This fellow should be sent to court with an offense marked against him.

The driver is clearly an idiot. But just imagine, if more drivers in Japan had the balls to give the occasional belt to these idiots on mama charies they might learn to ride more carefully: that is, not pull out of junctions without looking, salmoning, texting while cycling etc.

The sheepishness of drivers here puts them at a disadvantage. It's the same with emergency vehicles. They drive like old women, shouting "please be careful" while they drive along at 25kph. If they drove with balls, people would be forced to pay attention and would move out of the way. The passivity lets morons be morons, and zombies be zombies.

Same applies with walking.

I guess this is a kind of vigilante justice in a way, but I really think something needs to be done regarding these mamacharies, which seem to be increasingly fast, dangerous and inconsiderate.

As a note - while we were coming back on Ome Kaido this idiot in somekinda luxery SUV thing was speeding crazily on the street running lights, swerving etc. He nicked another rider (not in our group) and nearly took out several cars in the process. I caught up with him at a light he didn't run and snapped a photo. This sent him ballistic and he jumped out of the car and started screaming eipthats at me including many racial slurs that would've easily passed for human rights violations in developed nations.

Since the police did nothing, and in fact cautioned against messing with 'important people' yet another implied racial slur, vigilante action seems to be the best alternative.

Tim if he actually clipped the other rider its ""Hit and Run" and the rider should have persued this with the police.

I hope he did! But as he was an elderly Japanese guy I'm pretty sure he felt sufficiently 'hammered down' not to respond. That's why punks like this get away with it (including the flat truck drivers) no one stands up to them. The majority of offenders are driving luxury (BMW, Mercedes, Posche) , Flat truck drivers and somehow seem to feel entitled to the orad in ways that 'normal citizens' are not. And the police, being the highly corrupt, inept piece of shits that they are, happily support this. When I was accosted by a Porsche driver at the local Arakawa (ask Pete) , the parking guard said the same thing - 'Don't mess with him - he's important'. I say, great! Bring it on - because quite frankly - the bigger you are - the harder you fall!

Unlike the milk toast bred citizens I am not afraid of these jerks at any level from the street to the boardrooms.

From now on I draw no quarter and provide no excuses. Period.

@Ludwig, yes - police was standing on the corner not more than 100m later. He was the one who basically told us to avoid these types of people. So, there ya go. Worthless turds on a tail.

That's quite unbelievable. I'm sure I would have got myself into a solid argument with them.

Well, I could find out if I wanted to. But honestly he is not worth the off my washlet nozzle. These guys are mainly into de-ai kei and other semi-scam biz and basically not worth the hassle. He was travelling directly into Sjuku on Ome-kaido and made the turn into K-Town. I'll see him sooner or later. Easy to spot. The police around there area swing wide from literally anyone that appears to have 'power'. They are all on the take one way or the other and know either their job or their safety is at risk.

Someone ought to be able to fabricate a little one-shot paintball gun that's disguised as a light or something.

It's wouldn't change any behavior, but might be satisfying to see a little goop on the offending car. ;)

Someone ought to be able to fabricate a little one-shot paintball gun that's disguised as a light or something.

It's wouldn't change any behavior, but might be satisfying to see a little goop on the offending car. ;)

And take out most of the pain, then insert some brake fluid into the paint ball, if they don't get it clean off VERY soon, they paint will peel off the car and you would have to sand it down into the metal to get new paint to stick to it.... :D

And take out most of the pain, then insert some brake fluid into the paint ball, if they don't get it clean off VERY soon, they paint will peel off the car and you would have to sand it down into the metal to get new paint to stick to it.... :D
And quicker than you can say "criminal damage" there's an arrest followed by an arbitrary period of detention, a call to the miscreant's Embassy, work work work... :mad:

I left LA cause I was tired of packing a 9. Shooting is not a solution - what is a solution is responsive LE and citizens.The hapless idiot driver not paying attention I can deal with. However, the blatent, agro, penile envy freakout on shabu, I cannot. And given the coverage of CCTV, the LE should be able to ID and deal with this in the bud. But unfortunately the LE in this country exist only to protect and serve the Yaks first and the people whenever it pleases them. Gaijin and other non-mother-blood aliens come in about the same as the cows in Fukushima, if not worse.

Back
Top Bottom