What's new

Help Road bike stolen 5/18 Tokyo

Katetastic

Warming-Up
May 20, 2017
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on TCC and I wish it was for a happier reason...

My Giant/Liv Avail Advanced 2 women's road bike was recently stolen, and I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has any info, I would really, really appreciate it. It was locked up outside my place of work in Otemachi, Tokyo, and was stolen during the day (sometime between 8:30am and 5:30pm). I filed a report with the police, but they didn't seem optimistic about it turning up.

I'm trying not to get too bummed about it, but I bought it just over a year ago and was really looking forward to some good rides now that the weather is warming up...

Details:
XS size, dark blue frame, disk brakes, platform pedals, missing one handle bar cap

For reference: http://www.giant.co.jp/giant15/bike_datail.php?p_id=00000039

Thanks in advance for any help!

@Katetastic
Might be worth checking daily on Craigslist and Yahoo Auction. Was it registered with the police and do you have the registration number?

Thanks, I've been checking Yahoo Auction but forgot about Craigslist!

And yes, it's registered: 玉川E38865
Frame number: GC5D081

Another sad reminder for us all not to get over complacent with what in general is very crime free country, whist of no solace to @Katetastic I was interested to see what sort of scumbags UK bike riders now had to deal with.

About a year my son's trek madone was stolen from Sagaimihara.
We went around to local businesses with a Lost-dog type flyer.
A couple of weeks later we got a phone call from a hairdresser that thought they saw they bike and indicated that it was heading towards
a local University. We staked it out and sure enough it turned up. The student reckoned that a friend gave it to him. Police could not do much as it was on private property and without the universities permission they could not enter. It was nice to get the bike back though with just a few scratches

Back
Top Bottom