Road Bike Rentals

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
OK - I'm slowly building our fleet of rentable bikes. The concept is pretty simple:

1) Performance road bike rental for visitors to Tokyo.
2) 1 Day, Weekend and Weekly packages.
3) Accessories available (helmet, shoes, etc)
4) Service Course available (race registration, support, etc)

I have 3 types of bikes -

Lightweight road bike which is best suited towards HC, training and general circuit racing.
Aero road bike which is also great for general riding, training and Triathlon events.
Cyclocross / Rindo bike which is great for amateur CX and exploring the thousands of km of smaller 'rindo' type roads.

All bikes are Carbon or Carbon / Alloy with either Shimano or Campy components.

If you're interested, then please PM for more details.

Rates are very reasonable and the sizes I am targeting are 48cm, 52cm, 56cm

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
Great service Tim!
Ball park, have you got any pricing in mind? How about insurance for visitors to these fair shores or does their travel insurance cover cycling?

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Currently, the rental rate is set at 5000 yen/day with a discount based on a number of days. I'm more or less in 'testing mode' right now. But will have a more formal announcement (and location) set later. I've looked at how to provide local insurance - but it's difficult, generally speaking, the domestic underwriters will only insure residents. Travellers should carry their own insurance.

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Just a quick idea after riding with Utahn. Having a saddlebag containing some simple items for basic maintenance might be useful. I'm thinking tire levers, a tube, two tube patches and glue, a tire boot, a small Philips screwdriver and the most useful Allen key size, and maybe a laminated card with essential info (emergency phone numbers, etc.). And a mini pump.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
@GrantT - it was in there (black bidon case). Thanks, for noting, though!

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
I'm adding 3 more bikes and we'll have CX bike ready next month.

1) Road Carbon - 48, 51, 54, 58 (coming)
2) Road Aero - 52, 54, 56
3) CX - 52, 56 (coming)
4) Cross - 58
5) Track - 50, 52

Other goodies available:

1) Technical wheelsets (criterium, hillclimb, enduro, tri, cx)
2) Power meter (PowerTap equipped wheels) w/Joule
3) Event Tires (Veloflex, Soyo, Challenge, Clement)

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
@Safinator - not. Even though I am a staunch fixed rider it raises far too many risks in Japan:

1) Urge to ride brakeless (which would be any renters .. and rider's worst legal nightmare right now)
2) Urge to 'blaze around' with friends which almost always leads to Allycatting a rental rig - again (#1)

With that in mind - we do have proper track bikes to rent and if you have scheduled time on a local track we can help you with a bike.

Craig Hicks

Warming-Up
Oct 28, 2013
Suginami-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Hi GS, I'm an ex long timer from Tokyo now living in California, I would like to ask about renting a road bike for a day sometime in the first third of November, as I will be visiting Tokyo.