What's new

(River) Routes, +others I can suggest?

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
I've got a daughter in Tokyo (going on 23). She's recently said she rode a little along Tamagawa and really liked it. I'd like to suggest some Tokyo rides/riding--in a very simple way. (Offering directions/chances for exploration, so that dad is not telling her what to do.)

She's located just west of todai-hongo campus, on foot about 20-25min or so from Ochanomizu station.

Further up the Tama would be obvious, but I'm not sure how she got down there. Going north would seem better/closer, but I'm not sure if the Sumida (bike-wise) feeds into the Arakawa or what. Or how, for example, she might get to the Tone. Apart from that, maybe towards Tokyo bay?

I would think to offer her Half-Fast, but she works weekends, and is only doing research and so takes the occasional weekday off.

Suggestions? I think RWGPS, garmin tracks, maybe even strava that showed how to get to the rivers, would be good.

TIA,

John D.

She can join a club ride like HFC. A young lass will have plenty of offers from potential guides and @Half-Fast Mike can kill any undesirables before she is tempted to go up that river.

Suggestions? I think RWGPS, garmin tracks, maybe even strava that showed how to get to the rivers, would be good.
If she doesn't have a Garmin but has a smartphone and a BIG battery pack, the (paid) RWGPS app is great for navigating.

The Half-Fast route from Ochanomizu to the Arakawa is complicated but fun. It took me three or four goes to memorise it.

We have a gaggle of international wannabe-triathlete moms in the club. They might be up for some midweek action. I can ask, if you like. I don't think any of them have the slightest sense of direction, but there's safety in numbers... right?

Thanks for the ideas--I'll pass this along for her to look at.

@Half-Fast Mike I think it's wait on the club contacts until she says she'd like to try.

we ride along tamagawa very often
you can join us this coming sunday if you like

we will be heading to takao
we will start at futako tamagawa station & will be back at same spot before lunch
leisure ride

Back
Top Bottom