What's new

Rinko Bags for bikes with Mudguards/Fenders?

dingosean

Warming-Up
May 31, 2024
Hey everyone. Its Rainy season... which means mudguards are definitely in-place...

Anyone have a good recommendation for a rinko bag that's big enough to hold a bike with Fenders? I've not considered this in years past, but now that I'm running out on a randonneur, It would be nice to have a bag for when/if I need to hop a train home.

ありがとうございます!

I don't see how it would work. I take at least the front wheel off and turn the bars 90º to go in a bag. (Can't just put a whole bike in a bag as-is.) The front fender would then stick out at 90º, making bagging basically impossible. So I'd have to remove the front fender. So a normal bag would be fine.

e0053660_22133048.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: jdd
I use wing nuts for easy removal
Once you've unwingnutted the mudguard, carrier and brake, and rewingnutted the brake . . . what do you do with the mudguard and carrier?

Me, I'm challenged. I have but two hands.

(True, I'm additionally challenged by the way I carry the bike: one hand or other under the nose of the saddle, freeing only those fingers of the other hand that aren't grasping my Pasmo and bottle of Brawndo. I did try a shoulder strap once or twice but found it excruciatingly painful.)

Last edited:
Once you've unwingnutted the mudguard, carrier and brake, and rewingnutted the brake . . . what do you do with the mudguard and carrier?

Me, I'm challenged. I have but two hands.

(True, I'm additionally challenged by the way I carry the bike: one hand or other under the nose of the saddle, freeing only those fingers of the other hand that aren't grasping my Pasmo and bottle of Brawndo. I did try a shoulder strap once or twice but found it excruciatingly painful.)
No need to unwingnut the brake and carrier.
The carrier is held in place with a double ended bolt, so it stays where it is. The brake has two nuts, one holding the brake in place and then the wingnut on top of that, so the brake stays in place too. The whole operation takes about 30 seconds. Then I just sit the fenders on top of the respective tire, throw it in the bag and I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom