What's new

Rinko a Carbon bike?

bj_moore

Cruising
Dec 30, 2015
Just found out from work that I will be headed back to Japan this spring and am debating which bike to bring. Last year I brought a steel road bike and had a blast riding around including a few rinko trips. I recently picked up a Ridley Helium and now I'm trying to figure out which bike to bring. Does anyone here rinko their carbon bike and have you found you need any extra protection to keep it safe?

The train.
Do this all the time. Never had a problem. Some people like to bring along a plastic spacer for the front fork to prevent scratches. That's the only extra protection I've ever seen. (I don't do that.)

Borrowing a photo from @macrophotofly
14457511_1467537916596238_9079550215904468692_n.jpg

I have Rinko'ed a carbon bike on the plane without problem, I used bubblewrap & pipe insulation to protect it. I will be doing the same again next spring :) Rinko on the train as Mike says has always been fine.

Sweet!

Half Fast, are those all rinko bags where you keep the rear wheel on? Last trip I was using a bag where both wheels came off and it was minority annoying.

Yes it is where you keep the rear wheel on. Makes life a lot easier when you have <4 mins to the next train

Back
Top Bottom