What's new

Riding parnters?

fluro2au

Warming-Up
Jan 29, 2007
Hi there,

i was wondering if there would be anyone out there that is training for the Japan Ironman(June 1th). I'm looking for someone to ride with who does triathlon (ironman distance) and likes to do some long rides on a Sunday. it gets a bit lonely out there :(

Also are there any groups that meet on the weekends for 3-4 hr rides??

I'm currently living in Koto Ku and most of my riding is up along Aka..... river bike track are there other routes which are popular with cyclists???

Cheers for any responses

paul

Hi Paul,

I have the same problem since I moved from Yokohama to Tokyo, I don`t have any more partner for riding during weekend.
May be, we could meet this sunday:rolleyes: ?

Any body else????

Terry (Thierry)

Hi Paul-san and Terry-san,

welcome to TCC!:welcome:

i was wondering if there would be anyone out there that is training for the Japan Ironman(June 1th). I'm looking for someone to ride with who does triathlon (ironman distance) and likes to do some long rides on a Sunday. it gets a bit lonely out there

Also are there any groups that meet on the weekends for 3-4 hr rides??

I'm currently living in Koto Ku and most of my riding is up along Aka..... river bike track are there other routes which are popular with cyclists???
How about Ooi-futo Wharf (大井埠頭)?:rolleyes:
ooi.gif

I have never been there by bike, but I heard many road racers and triathletes are training there in the weekends.

I am looking forward to seeing you all.

Oi wharf is a good place to find partners as there are 100s of riders riding round and round almost all day.

I only go there twice a year as it's a bit far...

The Tokyo Stage of the Nikkan Sports Tour De Japan is on there in May and I'll probably go in it. That's where I had my big crash and cut my upper cheek.. The course is very flat and a good track that suits me for racing.

A lot of triathlon riders train there from what I could see.

I know this course (Ooifuto), you get bored doing this course during 2 or 3 hrs:( .
Sincerely, I am fed up with it.
I will go for slow ride this sunday on tanagawa:cool:

Hi Terry,

I'm going to be heading towards the warf this Sunday if your around. I'll be easy to find. I ride a Giant TCR1 composite (black, with red and white stickers). I'll have aerobars on and I'll be wearing a bright blue pearl Izumi cycling jacket, black longs and grey boot covers.

here is my blogger with a few pics that should help you or anyone that wants to find me.
http://fluro2au.blogspot.com/

Would be good to meet up with some people. :bike:

Come along.

Paul

yeh can't you tell I'm starting to lean up for my next race :p

I'm testing out my new race outfit too. What do you think?:eek: Do you dare to ride behind me while I'm aero:eek:

paul

Hi guys,

I might be able to join you sunday morning.
What time should you be there?

Terry

Oi-futo.

Hello Paul, Terry,
I will try to join you as well.
I won't be able to stay for long - I have to be back at Tokyo-Station by 10:30 to meet someone else for another ride - but it would be great to meet you both, and do a (really) quick lap of the circuit.
We can also have short chat about the mountains!

BTW, the training ride we'll be doing on Saturday, the 17th Feb; It was originally only going to be for people who want to join in the ride to Aomori, but if you (both) want to come along on the training day as well, no problem - Miura Hanto from Yokohama! 100km if we stop at Kamakura. But if we all ride back to Yokohama, it'll be 120-ish.
I'll post a new thread including you guys, if you can make it.
The speed won't be at "Triathlon" level, so think of it as a rest day.
If you want to pick the speed up a bit, maybe Thomas & I, and the two of you (if you can come) might jump off the front in a little 40km "break-away":D
Let me know what you think!
Later! T

Travis, Sora and Paul,

I hope to see you tomorrow morning at OOifuto, I will start lapping from there around 8am.
I ride a trek madone (dark blue), I ll wearing a black jacket and pants.
The main color of my helmet is white with the edge red.

see you tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom