What's new

Riding on Wednesday?

windstrider07

Warming-Up
Oct 20, 2007
If there anyone who can ride with me around the Yokota Air Base area on Wednesday (Oct 7)? I have yet to be able to ride with anyone since I've been here in September. Let me know and we can setup a location to start from (just outside/inside of Fussa Gate would be nice). A good time to start would be 7:30am, but we can setup other times if need be. :cool:

Wednessday Ride

Are you planning on a road ride or mountain ride and to where? I am off tomorrow and was planning a ride but had no one to go with. I was hoping to go a little later though since it is a little cool most mornings.

Dave

Sounds good

Hmmm....9:30am would good or would you prefer later? I plan on a road ride from the Fussa gate down through town going west on the road behind Fussa Station, across the Tama river, continuing on that road until it comes to a t-intersection, make a left, make the very next right, and continue on until road ceases (which it may according to what I see on Google Earth), and then retrace the route back. It looks like it may be an interesting ride. It really is an experimental ride. I've never rode it before. Tell me what you think. If need be, I can send you (via your email) and image with the path traced on it from Google Earth. :D

ride

That sounds like you are looking at the Onsen road which continutes up to near the top of Mt. Hinode. I've ridden that many times and it is fun. Let me get my road bike in the house and do some adjusting on it, last time I rode the front was shifting funny. How about we meet at 1000 so it is a little warmer since most of that ride will be in the shade once we get in the hills and I have no knee warmers yet. I need to make a trip to Y's down the river, I might ride there after the ride to Onsen if you are interested.

Dave

That works

Hey, that would good. So, do you live on or off base. If off base, we can meet at Fussa Station in front of CoCo's. If on base, meet at parking lot at the security forces building. Let me know which one you want to meet at. :bike:

Tomorrow

I live on base now, I just moved on base last week from off base. We can meet in the parking lot. I just remembered my wife has an appointment at 0830 tomorrow and I need to take here there since she has no car. Can we push the time back a little more to ensure I make it on time? How's 1100? Sorry but she just walked in the door and reminded me.......:confused:

Dave

Thaks for the ride yesterday...

Thanks for the ride yesterday man. Sorry my bike pooped out before we finished the climb. I am taking it to a bike shop today. Hopefully they won't keep it too long and I'll be readt to ride road again soon. I think I am going to buy some arm and leg warmers soon though!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom