ridewithGPS help for creating a course from activity Question 1

Aug 27, 2012
London, UK
www.macrophotofly.com
Went with Half Fast Don on a great little ride today down to Odaiba (thanks Don). I'd already plugged the H-F Odaiba route from his website into my Garmin so I could see us following it. I also had the device tracking the activity. On the way back Don took us on an excellent alternative route.

Back at home the mapped route we actually took only seems to appear under "activity" on ridewithGPS and I can't seem to find anyway to convert it to a course on the website.

I eventually figured out that on my Garmin 800 I can get it to create a course from the activity, but if I upload that course from the Garmin onto ridewithGPS it still appears only as an "activity" on ridewithGPS.

Any ideas?

theDude

Maximum Pace
Oct 7, 2011
Tokyo
app.strava.com
I don't really use RWGPS so much, but for converting routes I tend to use Garmin Connect. Very easy and then send to device, done. I upload things to Garmin Connect and Strava, easy to use both.

I'm actually having trouble with saving activities as routes on the 800. I click the buttons, make up a name, and it doesn't show up at all. It used to. Not sure what's going on.